Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Areas in Sydney?

Wikiposts

Areas in Sydney?

Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Areas in Sydney?

Do any Sydneysiders know what the Lane Cove, Willoughby, Gladesville areas are like, are they okay family areas and easy to reach the CBD?

Thanks
ginaf
Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:24 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Areas in Sydney?

Note sure on the area but I live not far from Lane Cove and Gladesville, there are on the main straight road to the CBD (Victoria Road).

Originally Posted by ginaf
Do any Sydneysiders know what the Lane Cove, Willoughby, Gladesville areas are like, are they okay family areas and easy to reach the CBD?

Thanks
ginaf
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
ginaf
Lane Cove quite expensive. Nice villagey shopping centre. good position for commuting to city or N Sydney for work. Quite leafy. Willoughby also reasonably expensive (as is anywhere lower N shore), not so quiet as Lane Cove I think. Easy commute also. Lane Cove River Park is lovely, natural bush-like great for picnics/walking/kids. Gladesville is probably a bit less expensive being a sort of transition zone from the Inner West to the Lower N shore. Victoria Road runs through it, very busy road. Some areas off the main drag are quieter but it isn't as "select" as Lane Cove. Hunters Hill, nearby, water views and mansions. I'm glad I drive northbound over Gladesville Bridge in the mornings, southbound is bumper to bumper. Check out Cammeray and Northbridge too.
Cheers
TC
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Lane Cove quite expensive. Nice villagey shopping centre. good position for commuting to city or N Sydney for work. Quite leafy. Willoughby also reasonably expensive (as is anywhere lower N shore), not so quiet as Lane Cove I think. Easy commute also. Lane Cove River Park is lovely, natural bush-like great for picnics/walking/kids. Gladesville is probably a bit less expensive being a sort of transition zone from the Inner West to the Lower N shore. Victoria Road runs through it, very busy road. Some areas off the main drag are quieter but it isn't as "select" as Lane Cove. Hunters Hill, nearby, water views and mansions. I'm glad I drive northbound over Gladesville Bridge in the mornings, southbound is bumper to bumper. Check out Cammeray and Northbridge too.
Cheers
TC
Thanks very much to both yourself and Rapitts, Lane Cove did seem cheaper than some of the other 'burbs (still expensive) but like you say it looks nice and leafy and the jobs for the other half seem to be fairly well divided between the CBD and N. Sydney so it seemed ideal.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks very much to both yourself and Rapitts, Lane Cove did seem cheaper than some of the other 'burbs (still expensive) but like you say it looks nice and leafy and the jobs for the other half seem to be fairly well divided between the CBD and N. Sydney so it seemed ideal.
And I think Lane Cove is Sydney's best kept shopping secret for ladies who lunch...some really nice little boutiqes/shoe shops where you'll find something "different", a good-sized Coles supermarket too.Nice thing about Lane Cove is it never seems overly crowded as it's not a thoroughfare type of suburb,more one that you make a bit of a diversion to visit. Good Luck with home and job hunting.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TopCat3
And I think Lane Cove is Sydney's best kept shopping secret for ladies who lunch...some really nice little boutiqes/shoe shops where you'll find something "different", a good-sized Coles supermarket too.Nice thing about Lane Cove is it never seems overly crowded as it's not a thoroughfare type of suburb,more one that you make a bit of a diversion to visit. Good Luck with home and job hunting.
Thanks TopCat3, those were the answers I was hoping for.