Reload this Page >

Areas in gold coast/byron bay

Areas in gold coast/byron bay

Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road
Default Areas in gold coast/byron bay

hi all

I am being a bit vague but we are after advice on Sunshine coast and Byron Bay.
First i should say we are actually in australia at the minute on a fact finding mission. We are in Noosa at the minute and like it a lot however we think it may a bit too quiet for us. We are moving to Buddina based hotel on Saturday with the aim to look around areas closer to Brisbane, but would consider giving Byron Bay a shot. We are (ideally) looking for somewhere with a village/small town feel but with things for two 11 and 9 yr old children to do, a good school and a beach nearby. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Kerry
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas in gold coast/byron bay

Originally Posted by Liam Jackson
hi all

First i should say we are actually in australia at the minute on a fact finding mission. We are in Noosa at the minute and like it a lot however we think it may a bit too quiet for us. We are moving to Buddina based hotel on Saturday with the aim to look around areas closer to Brisbane, but would consider giving Byron Bay a shot. We are (ideally) looking for somewhere with a village/small town feel but with things for two 11 and 9 yr old children to do, a good school and a beach nearby. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Kerry
Byron Bay is definitely a lovely place in a fantastic setting. It does has a small town feel but with all the mod-cons of a much larger city. Has a great pub and loads of cafes and good restaurants which tend to be lacking in most small towns of a similar size.

Trouble is it's loved-to-death. Gets unbelievably busy during the summer (they close the roads in at New Year) and seriously expensive to buy into. However, if you can afford it AND can find work locally, then it would be a great place to live.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if you are not the Liam who posted previously who had been in Brunei. If you are we were there for 9 years and now live on the Sunshine coast. Can you pm me with a contact no please and we will get in touch.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:06 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

hi all

thanks
Kerry
If Noosa is too quiet for you, I think you will struggle even more with Byron and the surrounds. It is a great area and as other posters have indicated if you can find a job in the local area and can afford to buy into it it is certainly a lovely place to live.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

thanks
Kerry

try mudgeeraba

still a village but on the other side of the m1 you have robina which is big town and just 30k up the m way you have all the theme parks etc

http://www.travelmate.com.au/Places/...eeraba_%5C_QLD

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...4,0.63858&z=11
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:08 am
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future

Mudgereeba feels (but isn't really) a bit far out, has a farm-ish setting, probably quite good for children. Byron Bay is lovely, but somehow doesn't seem like a place to actually settle down. The biggest town nearby is Lismore, which isn't that big really.