Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which area is best for a family of 4

Which area is best for a family of 4

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which area is best for a family of 4

We are moving over to Brisbane in 3 weeks and staying in Ipswich for a few weeks. We need to be near Richlands for my hubby's work but we don't want to be right on top of it (not Inala , Carole Park etc). We have looked at several areas on the internet inc. Forest Lake , Jindalee , Jamboree Heights and several others in that general area. Does anyone have any views on which is the best , we are a family of 4 - me , hubby & 2 girls 11 & 9, we would like to be near to good schools but we are not to sure where to look

any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Louisa
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:36 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which area is best for a family of 4

Originally Posted by lazylou123
We are moving over to Brisbane in 3 weeks and staying in Ipswich for a few weeks. We need to be near Richlands for my hubby's work but we don't want to be right on top of it (not Inala , Carole Park etc). We have looked at several areas on the internet inc. Forest Lake , Jindalee , Jamboree Heights and several others in that general area. Does anyone have any views on which is the best , we are a family of 4 - me , hubby & 2 girls 11 & 9, we would like to be near to good schools but we are not to sure where to look

any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Louisa
out of the suburbs you have quoted Jindalee is by far the nicer. We looked at Forest Lake and I think there are good and bad parts of it.

FYI all of those suburbs you quoted also have some of highest crime rates in the whole of Sth East QLD. Police put this down to the proximity to Inala, in that the inhabitants travel to the surrounding nicer suburbs and knick their cars etc
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which area is best for a family of 4

Just take a few months when you get here to suss it out properly for yourself, its a Huge move and you really do need to take a look for yourself. Maybe, only in my opinion, your other half may be better having a slightly longer drive to work so the family can live in the right area for you all.

I have just finished working in Mt Ommaney for the past few months and it didnt seem too bad but never lived there.

Its a huge move, just try to be happy and feel comfortable.

Good luck