Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aquiring Court Mirror orders in OZ?

Aquiring Court Mirror orders in OZ?

Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of
Default Aquiring Court Mirror orders in OZ?

I have UK court issued child contact orders, I have been requested to organise a mirror order in oz. I have searched the website with inidividuals with similar orders, but no definitive procedure on how to apply. Has any one had success in getting a mirror order here in oz?

I'm going to the local courts tomorrow to ask.

Cheers

John
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:58 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aquiring Court Mirror orders in OZ?

This may, or may not help you...

We had this discussion in court & it was decided that no mirror order could be granted from the UK jurisdiction. If the non-resident parent wanted to get an mirror order to enforce the UK Court Order, then it was up to the non-resident parent to arrange that. There is no legal way that the parent in Australia can be compelled to arrange that from the UK & it was deemed unfair, given the amount of time & trouble already gone to, to comply with UK law, to make any such request.

So, I'm not sure from what you've written what your situation is, but I would say that a "request" is nothing more than that & has no legal obligation. Please do contact me privately if you want to discuss.