Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aqua Technics swimming pools - any experiences before we commit

Aqua Technics swimming pools - any experiences before we commit

Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:51 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Aqua Technics swimming pools - any experiences before we commit

Hi, after a good look around we are pretty sure we are going to go with Aqua Technics pools, just wondered if anyone has used them, and was your experience as you were told it would be, or was it delay after delay followed by excuse after excuse. Any experiences would be welcome.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:15 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aqua Technics swimming pools - any experiences before we commit

We had a pool fitted by buccaneer who I believe are a division of aqua technics. We had one problem after another, if you can, read my hubbys post on pomsinperth under user name of paddy - he exlpains it better than me!
They tired to charge us for every little thing from removing the turf (hubby had removed it the day before with a hired turf remover but they said it hadn't gone deep enough!) they said we'd get freee tipping on the vale but then tried to charge (hubby sorted it out himself with the site foreman) they miscalculated the measurements and tried to charge us for a bigger crane (again hubby was having none of it) and they charged us for, and didn't put in the water feature provision.
Hubby made sure he was there and it was a good job he was. If you need any more info give me a shout.
Tracey
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:38 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that, are you sure Aqua Technics and Buccaneer are owned and operated by the same people?

Does anyone else have any specific experience of Aqua Technics.....good or bad.

Link is here if anyone wants to read it: http://www.pomsinperth.com/discussio...ghlight=#47855

Last edited by CadburysFingers; Jan 20th 2007 at 1:07 am.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Send Scossie a pm, he builds pools in Perth & I'm sure he does a discount for Ex Pats.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:03 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Thanks for that, are you sure Aqua Technics and Buccaneer are owned and operated by the same people?

Does anyone else have any specific experience of Aqua Technics.....good or bad.

Link is here if anyone wants to read it: http://www.pomsinperth.com/discussio...ghlight=#47855
On their letter-head it says Buccaneer pools - a division of Aquatic Leisure Technologies.
I'm sure that most of the companies are much of a muchness and either everything will go smoothly - or it won't!
Good luck with it anyway and don't forget to show us the pics!
Tracey
Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Hi CF,

Despite our previous contact I will continue and hope it is helpful to you....

We recently had a pool put in by Sapphire pools (owned by said co.)

They screwed it up and we are still negotiating with them now. Just before Christmas they put the pool in. From day 1 of the assignment it started to go wrong. Digger man obviously didn't know what he was doing, dug the hole too deep and charged $1000 to take away soil and sand. The pool was put in, sand piled sky high so we got no sense of whether it was in the right spot etc. The guys came to backfill a week later and it was obvious to the untrained eye that the pool was too low into the ground.

Guy came to sign it off and we said we weren't happy. Three weeks passed over the Christmas hols and no action. They supplied the wrong pump, filter and forgot the water provision.

After lots of phonecalls in the new year some bloke finally arrived with a laser leveller type thing and admitted it was wrong- said it would need to be lifted out and put right. So, we ring the installation supervisor after a few days to ask her when it's going to happen. She says we had asked for it to go in below the level of the house foundations and it is our fault! After 10 mins arguing she says we should have a copy of the agreed "datum" point, we dug it out from a big pile of shit they get you to sign and thank God in HER writing it said the pool was to be level with the house foundations! They finally came on Friday to say it was their mistake and they will lift the pool and put it right.

What p's me off the most is that throughout this whole experience there has been no acknowledgement of the agro, waste of money, stress and lack of enjoyment of the pool. Husband has spent the last 4 weeks watering the pool in and compacting the sand etc- all for nowt! God knows how many thousands of litres of water will now go down the drain so that the pool can be lifted- plus the cost of the salt, chlorine, acid etc.

I intend to write and seek compensation. By the time they've finished messing around the summer will be over.

Hope this gives you a sense of Aquatechnics and you look at other options. Suppose the only positive I can draw is that they have admitted their mistake and will put it right...who knows when though!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:43 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Just had to pull out of our dream house cos of a pool.We hadnt moved in yet but were getting the ball rolling in the pool stakes The pool man asked for the house plans so he could do a proper drawing and that.We got the plans and ARGGGHH there's a sewer main going right through the garden.We'd maybe fit in a 2 metre wide lap pool .Kids would murder me in my sleep so i said no thanks.The council hadnt mentioned the sewer in the report so i can walk away without penalties( still lost a few bob tho )

Moral: if you want a pool check your drawings before the cooling off period is up .
Old Jan 20th 2007, 3:03 pm
happy to be here!

Originally Posted by wren
Hi CF,

Despite our previous contact I will continue and hope it is helpful to you....

We recently had a pool put in by Sapphire pools (owned by said co.)

They screwed it up and we are still negotiating with them now. Just before Christmas they put the pool in. From day 1 of the assignment it started to go wrong. Digger man obviously didn't know what he was doing, dug the hole too deep and charged $1000 to take away soil and sand. The pool was put in, sand piled sky high so we got no sense of whether it was in the right spot etc. The guys came to backfill a week later and it was obvious to the untrained eye that the pool was too low into the ground.

Guy came to sign it off and we said we weren't happy. Three weeks passed over the Christmas hols and no action. They supplied the wrong pump, filter and forgot the water provision.

After lots of phonecalls in the new year some bloke finally arrived with a laser leveller type thing and admitted it was wrong- said it would need to be lifted out and put right. So, we ring the installation supervisor after a few days to ask her when it's going to happen. She says we had asked for it to go in below the level of the house foundations and it is our fault! After 10 mins arguing she says we should have a copy of the agreed "datum" point, we dug it out from a big pile of shit they get you to sign and thank God in HER writing it said the pool was to be level with the house foundations! They finally came on Friday to say it was their mistake and they will lift the pool and put it right.

What p's me off the most is that throughout this whole experience there has been no acknowledgement of the agro, waste of money, stress and lack of enjoyment of the pool. Husband has spent the last 4 weeks watering the pool in and compacting the sand etc- all for nowt! God knows how many thousands of litres of water will now go down the drain so that the pool can be lifted- plus the cost of the salt, chlorine, acid etc.

I intend to write and seek compensation. By the time they've finished messing around the summer will be over.

Hope this gives you a sense of Aquatechnics and you look at other options. Suppose the only positive I can draw is that they have admitted their mistake and will put it right...who knows when though!
OMG!
Sounds just like our experience.
Hubby sent the 5 page letter of complaint, we received acknowledgement that they had received it but nothing since
And they keep sending us a bill for the money we took of the final payment because they had charged us for a waterfall provision but didn't do it
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:34 pm
Karma earned, not whored

Thanks to all. I did pm Scossie a couple of days ago, as I had seen his sig many times, so will definitely see what he has to say, unfortunately it seems his company only build concrete pools, which are more expensive and not what we are after.

Any other experiences would be invaluable.......so did you build a pool and if so how did it all go.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Thanks to all. I did pm Scossie a couple of days ago, as I had seen his sig many times, so will definitely see what he has to say, unfortunately it seems his company only build concrete pools, which are more expensive and not what we are after.

Any other experiences would be invaluable.......so did you build a pool and if so how did it all go.

We had scossie come and give us a quote, and to be honest there wasn't a massive difference. I think what swung it for us was the length of time they take to build.... little did we know what a mess aquatechnics were going to make and it would have been quicker to have a concrete pool!!! Best of luck with it all.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:15 pm
Karma earned, not whored

We had scossie come and give us a quote, and to be honest there wasn't a massive difference. I think what swung it for us was the length of time they take to build.... little did we know what a mess aquatechnics were going to make and it would have been quicker to have a concrete pool!!! Best of luck with it all.

Thanks again, sorry you had such a bad experience, we will see what happens with ours.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 3:23 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
On their letter-head it says Buccaneer pools - a division of Aquatic Leisure Technologies.
I'm sure that most of the companies are much of a muchness and either everything will go smoothly - or it won't!
Good luck with it anyway and don't forget to show us the pics!
Tracey
My friend had her pool installation started on the 19th of Jan. The company said it would take 3 days to install (ha ha) Nearly 2 weeks later and it has just been put in!

They dug the hole, then found that they couldn't get the pool out of the mould!

Wouldn't you thinK the pool would have been ready when they dug the great crater in her garden?!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:01 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

how much have you paid for the pools?
also does include the fence?

thanks lew
Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:25 am
Karma earned, not whored

We had scossie come and give us a quote,
Just checked through my sent items, I emailed Scossie on the 21st of Jan, asking if he could arrange to come and give us a quote.........still not had a response yet, almost two weeks later. doesnt exactly fill me with confidence re a potential build!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked through my sent items, I emailed Scossie on the 21st of Jan, asking if he could arrange to come and give us a quote.........still not had a response yet, almost two weeks later. doesnt exactly fill me with confidence re a potential build!
I'm waiting too but this is one of their busiest times. If you've rung around any others I'd be shocked if they had sent someone out by now. You should see some of the replies I've had from some companies - and they're the ones who bothered to get back to me.

Definitely the industry to be in I reckon !

Does anyone have any experience of Poly pools ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.