Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aqis will be impressed...

Aqis will be impressed...

Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of
Default Aqis will be impressed...

...or rather pissed by my packing methods. I've wrapped everything in bubblewrap, stuck cups into socks, wrapped them into clothing again. Ive also not managed to put ALL items that will allegedly be inspected (i.e. shoes, tools etc.) in one box. I had to mix them with other stuff, or the boxes would have been to heavy.
All in all we will have about 20 boxes, and then another approx 20 packages of furniture pieces (bed frame, mattress, lamp, table) oh and bikes (also thoroughly wrapped in bubble) and two windsurfing boards.

So my thought was, will they actually unpack everything And if they do, they obviously arent going to wrapp and pack everything into place again so when its picked up by a removal company, does all our stuff come in piles of wrapp and in bits and pieces ?? :scared:
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aqis will be impressed...

Originally Posted by GreenSauce
...or rather pissed by my packing methods. I've wrapped everything in bubblewrap, stuck cups into socks, wrapped them into clothing again. Ive also not managed to put ALL items that will allegedly be inspected (i.e. shoes, tools etc.) in one box. I had to mix them with other stuff, or the boxes would have been to heavy.
All in all we will have about 20 boxes, and then another approx 20 packages of furniture pieces (bed frame, mattress, lamp, table) oh and bikes (also thoroughly wrapped in bubble) and two windsurfing boards.

So my thought was, will they actually unpack everything And if they do, they obviously arent going to wrap and pack everything into place again so when its picked up by a removal company, does all our stuff come in piles of wrapp and in bits and pieces ?? :scared:
Make sure that the boxes with wood and stuff to be inspected are clearly labelled as that - even if it means half the boxes. At least they can that you know what you are doing! They won't necessarily open them all - they only opened a couple of mine that had wood in, and a couple of the others. My stuff was wrapepd in much the same way - bubble wrap, surrounded by clothing, and it was obvious that in a couple of boxes a few things had been unwrapped, but they had wrapped it up again as they had to get it back in the boxes, with all the wrappings.
They are very unlikely to open everything, and if some stuff clearly says "shoes" "Wood etc then they'll know where to look first, even if its several packages.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Make sure that the boxes with wood and stuff to be inspected are clearly labelled as that - even if it means half the boxes. At least they can that you know what you are doing! They won't necessarily open them all - they only opened a couple of mine that had wood in, and a couple of the others. My stuff was wrapepd in much the same way - bubble wrap, surrounded by clothing, and it was obvious that in a couple of boxes a few things had been unwrapped, but they had wrapped it up again as they had to get it back in the boxes, with all the wrappings.
They are very unlikely to open everything, and if some stuff clearly says "shoes" "Wood etc then they'll know where to look first, even if its several packages.
I'll second that, they open what's obvious - in our case Xmas decorations looking for pine cones & hoover looking for dust.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:54 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

So my thought was, will they actually unpack everything And if they do, they obviously arent going to wrapp and pack everything into place again so when its picked up by a removal company, does all our stuff come in piles of wrapp and in bits and pieces ?? :scared:
Well mate your looking at a $200 -300 AQIS FEE, bythe time they unwrap the bikes, surf boards etc, then if your cartons are not itemised properly they will pull your entire shipment apart ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mr mover
Well mate your looking at a $200 -300 AQIS FEE, bythe time they unwrap the bikes, surf boards etc, then if your cartons are not itemised properly they will pull your entire shipment apart ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm

Hhmmm, I have actually labeled every item, plus a sticker from the removers. And I noted in the inventory which items have wood, or where tools are. These are all clean, as are the surfboards and bikes - so why should I be charged such a high aqis fee
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:20 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hhmmm, I have actually labeled every item, plus a sticker from the removers. And I noted in the inventory which items have wood, or where tools are. These are all clean, as are the surfboards and bikes - so why should I be charged such a high aqis fee
AQIS inspection fee,s are about $164 an hr,,,,,,,or part thereof..........but if you have labeled every thing and are seen to be doing the right thing it will not take long........ mm