AQIS and MDF ?

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default AQIS and MDF ?

I am looking at packing up some of my woodworking machinery, and some of it is quite heavy. I was thinking of lining the bottom of the boxes with some 4mm MDF for strength, and was wondering if this would cause me any problems with AQIS getting it in to Aus?

Anyone had any experience with MDF into Aus?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:27 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AQIS and MDF ?

Originally Posted by windog
I am looking at packing up some of my woodworking machinery, and some of it is quite heavy. I was thinking of lining the bottom of the boxes with some 4mm MDF for strength, and was wondering if this would cause me any problems with AQIS getting it in to Aus?

Anyone had any experience with MDF into Aus?
Why on earth do you think MDF would be a problem for AQIS?!

I can see the bottom falling out of the boxes with your plan ... better leave the packing to the shipping company.

Gina
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Why on earth do you think MDF would be a problem for AQIS?!

I can see the bottom falling out of the boxes with your plan ... better leave the packing to the shipping company.

Gina
Well.. because it is effectively an untreated wood product!

The idea of the mdf is to prevent the bottom falling out of the boxes when they are lifted.

As we are not takeing much in the way of household furniture we are self packing so.... no packers!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:12 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Well.. because it is effectively an untreated wood product!
You're a funny one "MDF" stands for medium density fibreboard. It doesn't come out of the forest that way - it's most definitely been treated .

I'm not saying that it'll stop the bottom falling out of the boxes - but you needn't worry about AQIS.

Gina