AQIS Fines

Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:14 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question AQIS Fines

Hi All,

One of my friend forget to declare at Perth Airport the food items he was carrying to Australia.

AQIS said that he will get a fine of $220 as first time offence. Now when he will get this fine and at what address?If he have moved out of the address mentioned on the form?Then what he should do?How he can pay the fine to AQIS?

Please comment.

Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AQIS Fines

He may be lucky. They usually demand payment before you leave the airport. My DS got caught with an apple he had put in his bag for lunch and forgotten about it when he got to Sydney after catching the plane after working all day. Irony was that it was an Aussie Pink Lady! Anyway, they let him go without paying because it was defintely an oversight but they did make him work for it - quite a bit of questioning plus their inability to take his credit card as payment and him having no cash on hand.

I would be up front with them because they do have long memories, just in case! Call and let them know his change of address (they are in the phone book) but it is possible that they will just let it slide.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:34 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AQIS Fines

His name and passport details will have been entered into a database for next time he goes through customs. I think he can expect his bags to be given a little more thorough look next time.