Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

appying for citzeinship

appying for citzeinship

Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:57 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default appying for citzeinship

Our 2 years here is coming up in july, how soon before that can we start applying for our citzenship??

kezxx
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: appying for citzeinship

Originally Posted by kez81
Our 2 years here is coming up in july, how soon before that can we start applying for our citzenship??

kezxx
i don't believe you'll be able to apply until you have reached the current two year requirements (assuming you are on a PR visa at the moment)
see the calculator on this page to find out when you can apply
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/becomi...s/eligible.htm
yuo must take in to account any time you have spent abroad too, such as holidays since you first arrived as PRs
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gedge
i don't believe you'll be able to apply until you have reached the current two year requirements (assuming you are on a PR visa at the moment)
see the calculator on this page to find out when you can apply
yuo must take in to account any time you have spent abroad too, such as holidays since you first arrived as PRs
yeh u need to have been here on a PR visa for 2 years to qualify.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

kezxx
A word of warning, there is a huge backlog of applications in WA, we could not get an interview until the end of May when we called in early Jan. When I spoke to the DIMIA office on the phone they just booked me in and asked no other questions....may be worth trying to organise an interview now for July/August time.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:26 am

yeh we are on Pr visa, havent been out the country since arriving in july 2005just had a look on the website not clear on when you can start applying might give them a phone.

or is there anyone who has already done this and when were you eligable to apply??
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
A word of warning, there is a huge backlog of applications in WA, we could not get an interview until the end of May when we called in early Jan. When I spoke to the DIMIA office on the phone they just booked me in and asked no other questions....may be worth trying to organise an interview now for July/August time.

Thanks just seen your reply, heard this b4 so think we will give them a call!!

We are having a baby in august i bet you the baby becomes a citzein b4 us
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

yeh we are on Pr visa, havent been out the country since arriving in july 2005just had a look on the website not clear on when you can start applying might give them a phone.
What isn't clear about the website? The residence calculator is very clear and you won't get any better advice if you call up.

You cannot apply before you have clocked up 2 years. Simple as that. No problem however calling a few months in advance to book a citizenship interview for when you reach the 2 year mark.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:29 am

What number do you call is it on the citzeinship website??

is there also paperwork to do also??
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
What isn't clear about the website? The residence calculator is very clear and you won't get any better advice if you call up.

You cannot apply before you have clocked up 2 years. Simple as that. No problem however calling a few months in advance to book a citizenship interview for when you reach the 2 year mark.
think i worded it wrong it was the interview that i was concered about as i know that there is a back log!!!

i was having a blonde moment with the calender DOH!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

What number do you call is it on the citzeinship website??

is there also paperwork to do also??
Yes it's on the website and so are the forms you will need to complete...

Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:50 am

thanks just had look sussed it now!!!