Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Appointment needed to get visa moved into new passport?

Appointment needed to get visa moved into new passport?

Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:19 am
Just Joined

linabey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appointment needed to get visa moved into new passport?

From previous info given on here, I know that I should just be able to go into the DIAC office in Brisbane in order to get my PR visa swapped into my new passport - but do I need to make an appointment to get them to do this, or can I just pop in if I happen to be passing during office hours? I know I can call them to find out, and will if I don't get an answer here, but I'd like to do this tomorrow if possible...
Thanks folks!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appointment needed to get visa moved into new passport?

We always just drop in the DIAC office in Southport.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
We always just drop in the DIAC office in Southport.
My husband just dropped into the DIAC office in Perth to have his done. Bit of a wait, but got it done the same day anyway.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Sounds like that's a plan then - I don't have to be too organised and fix a time in advance. Thanks to you both!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

You can just mail your passport via registered post with the visa details to the Brisbane office and they will mail it back to you with the sticker affixed. Although, anything to do with Brisbane office you need to be prepared to wait.

If you are going in person you do not need to make an appointment. It would be quicker if you're in Brisbane to just drop in to the Brisbane office during business hours.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
You can just mail your passport via registered post with the visa details to the Brisbane office and they will mail it back to you with the sticker affixed. Although, anything to do with Brisbane office you need to be prepared to wait.

If you are going in person you do not need to make an appointment. It would be quicker if you're in Brisbane to just drop in to the Brisbane office during business hours.
If you're going into the Brisbane office try and get there for opening time, that usually works the best for me
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you're going into the Brisbane office try and get there for opening time, that usually works the best for me
Thanks again guys - this is all useful info!