Applying Soon

Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

jmoseley will become famous soon enough
Default Applying Soon

Hi
My wife and I are applying shortly, I have to have my skills assessed by the ACS first (i'm an IT Manager, wife a Marketing Manager), and i'm dreading it.
We're going through a migration company who are very good and patient with me as i'm dragging my heels.
I guess its because i'm dreading them saying no when its something we want to do.
I have family in Perth, we visited them in June (it was bloody cold!!) and loved every minute of it.
Recruitment agencies said that they would have no trouble in placing either of us when/if we obtain the appropriate visa.
Anyone in the same situation or has been there who can offer words of comfort would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Applying Soon

I am/was going to be pretty much in the same boat but things, may be changing for me my current company has agreed to sponser me. which means i get to go on a business Visa for 4 years and while I am there I can apply for full status.

I was also dreading the ACS assesment
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmoseley
Hi
My wife and I are applying shortly, I have to have my skills assessed by the ACS first (i'm an IT Manager, wife a Marketing Manager), and i'm dreading it.
We're going through a migration company who are very good and patient with me as i'm dragging my heels.
I guess its because i'm dreading them saying no when its something we want to do.
I have family in Perth, we visited them in June (it was bloody cold!!) and loved every minute of it.
Recruitment agencies said that they would have no trouble in placing either of us when/if we obtain the appropriate visa.
Anyone in the same situation or has been there who can offer words of comfort would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
I sent off my skills assessment app on Wednesday. The heart ache in getting everything together was intense. Getting references off ex bosses was a big problem as they were just lazy about it and I had to keep on at them. I kept asking and asking. Eventually I got everything together though. I was told by the agency that they wont put it through until its perfect. They say my experience is more than enough and there shouldnt be a problem (they advertise as haveing never had an unsuccessful application). So, I'm confident. I think my point is that agencies arent glorified secretaries, they will do everything to get it approved. Be more positive.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

jmoseley will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the encouraging words, I have the projects complete and just finishing off the RPL section.
The agency say that the Projects are good enough so i'll trust them on that, references are not a problem as I have a good working relationship with my boss.
I guess i'm scared of being told no, but after your mails i'm feeling more confident, let me know how your skills assessment goes.
Thanks