Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Applying for PR while on Students Visa - Help!

Applying for PR while on Students Visa - Help!

Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

mahesh_rawal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for PR while on Students Visa - Help!

Hello Everyone,
I have just applied for student Visa for Feb intake, i have got admission at the University of Macquarie for 1 year course in Masters in IT. I have 8-9 years of IT Experience and planning to apply for assessment next month. Can i apply for PR after i reach Australia on student Visa ( even if i get visa with condition of no further stay is this possible?). What are the pros and cons by applying for PR while being students Visa. Is there any visa clause in students visa in which i cant apply for PR while being on students visa.
Experts and Members please help me out.

Thanks
Mahesh
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:07 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Applying for PR while on Students Visa - Help!

Hello,

I used to work for Health Services Australia in 2000/2001 which completes medicals on potential immigrants for Oz Visas. I worked in the Perth office. There were many overseas students in Australia on student visas who would apply for PR while in Australia. There didn't seem to be any clause that disallowed it, though I think many of them had to leave the country once their student visa was over, and wait on the outcome of their PR application while in their home country. Occasionally though they were granted bridging visas but I don't know what the criteria is for this.

You should call an Australian Visa migration agent, they will probrably be happy to tell you this info over the phone.

Good luck!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:51 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Applying for PR while on Students Visa - Help!

Originally Posted by mahesh_rawal
Hello Everyone,
I have just applied for student Visa for Feb intake, i have got admission at the University of Macquarie for 1 year course in Masters in IT. I have 8-9 years of IT Experience and planning to apply for assessment next month. Can i apply for PR after i reach Australia on student Visa ( even if i get visa with condition of no further stay is this possible?). What are the pros and cons by applying for PR while being students Visa. Is there any visa clause in students visa in which i cant apply for PR while being on students visa.
Experts and Members please help me out.

Thanks
Mahesh
There was something in rule that your work experience must not be older than 3-6 Months at the time of the PR application.So if you have already front loaded your PR application before coming to Australia on student visa you are safe(this was the way I had managed both applications) otherwise you have to manage things very quickly in Australia(which will be a new place for you if you are first timer).

Best of Luck!