Apply for a TFN

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 4:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apply for a TFN

is it better to get a TFN before we get to Oz?
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 6:32 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: Apply for a TFN

You don't have to and to be honest i'm not sure if you can get one offshore. Best visit the ATO www.ato.gov.au and see if they can help.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 7:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the website (as quoted in the last post) and try to apply for your TFN online. It may come back and say that you cannot have a TFN until you have validated your visa - its linked to DIMIA for that. If so, you can get one online the day you land in Oz to validate, but not before.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby applied online at the tax office here and it takes 7-10 days to come through.

booboo
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 10:22 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
Go to the website (as quoted in the last post) and try to apply for your TFN online. It may come back and say that you cannot have a TFN until you have validated your visa - its linked to DIMIA for that. If so, you can get one online the day you land in Oz to validate, but not before.
So does this mean I can apply online as I've validated my visa, quoting my sister's address in Adelaide (I'll be living there for a while at least) even though I'm actually still in the UK?

Is there any point in getting a TFN now as I'm not going till September? It would be something to cross off my list though.

Elaine M
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:43 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't hurt. Employers need the TFN otherwise they'll take a wad out of your wage. I applied for mine when I arrived and it took less than a week to arrive. But then again, I physically went to the ATO and did it there instead of trying to arrange by mail/phone, which I think may take longer.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 5:31 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Centurix
Can't hurt. Employers need the TFN otherwise they'll take a wad out of your wage. I applied for mine when I arrived and it took less than a week to arrive. But then again, I physically went to the ATO and did it there instead of trying to arrange by mail/phone, which I think may take longer.

thanx everyone for all the help. the reason i asked about the TFN was that i came accross this site. have a look yourself.
http://www.workoz.com/home.php?page_id=11
its good to know you lot are here to help.

soapy