Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Applied Feb, skilled Ind - still waiting to hear

Applied Feb, skilled Ind - still waiting to hear

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Default Applied Feb, skilled Ind - still waiting to hear

Just been checking all the latest threads and the updates on timeline, looks like we may not even hear before christmas. It has been a very long year, and starting to wish we hadn't told so many people of our plans, as keep being asked when we are going! Got to the point where I wouldn't care if we didn't go for another year, as long as I knew we were definatly going.
When we started out, it was about a 6 - 8 months wait, so we had thought we would have things sorted by now.
Just had a lovely week away in Tenerife, but now we are back to reality, and me stalking the postman. :scared: Poor man!
I think I had better go now - find Santa's email address and tell him what I wish for, for my christmas pressie!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

lesley street is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Applied Feb, skilled Ind - still waiting to hear

johnkay

Frustration is certainly the name of this visa game! Hope you hear soon

Lesley
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnkay
Just been checking all the latest threads and the updates on timeline, looks like we may not even hear before christmas. It has been a very long year, and starting to wish we hadn't told so many people of our plans, as keep being asked when we are going! Got to the point where I wouldn't care if we didn't go for another year, as long as I knew we were definatly going.
When we started out, it was about a 6 - 8 months wait, so we had thought we would have things sorted by now.
Just had a lovely week away in Tenerife, but now we are back to reality, and me stalking the postman. :scared: Poor man!
I think I had better go now - find Santa's email address and tell him what I wish for, for my christmas pressie!
John,
I applied Feb 04 got Med Request 25/10/04.
The wait seems never ending but im sure it wont be long now??????????

Chrisp
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

We are with you mate. the postman is scared of my missis.every time he comes she is biting at his sack ( poor man ) We lodged our application in feb 2004, acknowledged march 5th, been waiting ever since.applied under skilled oz sponsored 138. we were so fed up waiting we emailed adelaide to find out if any pre july backlog, reply stated feb applications now being processed and they are working well within time limit of 50 weeks.( reply received email 30 oct ) and DO NOT contact this office in future.Only problem is, Sold my house and dont know what to do ,sometimes wish we had never started.Any way hope to read some good news from someone ( pre july ) very soon
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stressed out
reply stated feb applications now being processed and they are working well within time limit of 50 weeks.
Hello stressed out,

With that e-mail reply i,m happy ,we,ve thought all along 12 months would be fine.We applied mid April so April 2005 will be right on target.Try and look at it that you can spend the time you,ve got left here with loved ones and friends

dave
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:47 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

glad Im not the only one who wishes they hadnt told people they are applying...it may sound really grumpy but I get really p###### off with people asking when im going...! I'l go WHEN they give me a visa is my between gritted teeth reply...I cant even really be arsed to talk about anymore...Im the same time line as you and Ive heard nowt either...getting meds done Tuesday and sending them on...and then im goin to forget about it for a while...so when it does arrive it will be a right shock... :scared:
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hello stressed out,

With that e-mail reply i,m happy ,we,ve thought all along 12 months would be fine.We applied mid April so April 2005 will be right on target.Try and look at it that you can spend the time you,ve got left here with loved ones and friends

dave

Gday mate,reading threads everybody seems to be front loading medicals and pcc, so been and had meds today( everything seems good ) cost £ 410 for 5 of us.Doctor asked if i was a little stressed as my blood pressure was slightly high. I replied, if you had been waiting in a tiny waiting room with three kids,age 9 and two at 7 you would be . Hopeing to be gone early march but dont know if accepted or not.Sold house,and family buisness both gone in jan 05 so we need to hear very very very soon. Can you understand why we are called stressed out.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

lesley street is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Have those of you having your meds done before requested by DIMIA read the information on Go Matilda home page about unrequested meds. Seems unless you have your case number on them, DIMIA will refuse to process them. I think this is because of the problems they are having with matching them up without the number. Sending them off unrequested may cause even more stress if they get lost.

Good luck to everyone. I agree that this waiting game is no fun!!!

Lesley + martin