Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Applied 1.08.03 Medical request today !

Applied 1.08.03 Medical request today !

Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applied 1.08.03 Medical request today !

Hi everyone.

would like to inform that we applied under Skill Inde., Visa account debited on 1.8.03 and today we received a yellow envelope asking us to do the medical and police checks !

Well, at first we are a bit worried as we did not receive any correspondance at all after we sent in the application, not even the acknowledgement that everyone else seems to have received.

Now that we are in the next stage and need some advice , hope some one out there could help :

1.my wife is pregnant in the 7th month.Should I do the medical first or wait until the baby is born then only we do it together ?

2. by asking us to do the medical checks, does it mean I have sufficient points and need not invest in the Capital Investment to raise the extra 5 points ? does it also mean my wife (both of us are not native English speakers but I got my Bachelor degree full time in OZ ) need not sit for the IELTS English Test ?

Will appreciate any advice given.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:52 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Applied 1.08.03 Medical request today !

Originally posted by THYE.A.
Hi everyone.

would like to inform that we applied under Skill Inde., Visa account debited on 1.8.03 and today we received a yellow envelope asking us to do the medical and police checks !

Well, at first we are a bit worried as we did not receive any correspondance at all after we sent in the application, not even the acknowledgement that everyone else seems to have received.

Now that we are in the next stage and need some advice , hope some one out there could help :

1.my wife is pregnant in the 7th month.Should I do the medical first or wait until the baby is born then only we do it together ?

2. by asking us to do the medical checks, does it mean I have sufficient points and need not invest in the Capital Investment to raise the extra 5 points ? does it also mean my wife (both of us are not native English speakers but I got my Bachelor degree full time in OZ ) need not sit for the IELTS English Test ?

First of all well done !!

I may be wrong but I believe that if you are pregnant you cannot do the meds until after the baby is born. I think this question has been asked before so it might be worth doing a search on this forum ?

Good luck

Warren
Perth 2004....

Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Hi everyone.

Hi, your wife can have her medical whilst pregnant but not the x-ray. this and the baby's medical will have to done after the birth - this is what i have done.

don't know about the english test??

Mummy
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:13 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

WOW!
That's got to be a record!

The points for the capital investment have nothing to do with the medical. You have been deemed suitable based on skills and job etc. Now you get through the medical stage and then the last stage is the capital investment.

Great news though.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Mummy
Hi, your wife can have her medical whilst pregnant but not the x-ray. this and the baby's medical will have to done after the birth - this is what i have done.

don't know about the english test??

Mummy
Hi Mummy, thanks for your reply.

If you only did the medical and without the x-ray while you were pregnant,did you inform DIMIA or the doctor informed on your behalf ?

As you did not have your x-ray while you were pregnant, did you still proceed to visit the radiographer ?What was the procedure like ?

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone.

Just curious as we applied in July and haven't heard...what is your occupation?
Still waiting for the post....
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:56 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi
Our application was just after yours so we are starting to panic a bit, have you sorted out the money for your capital investment, or are you selling property to gain the cash?
Would like to know as we have just gone up for sale to hopfully get the money together for when we are asked, which I am lead to believe is only a matter of a few weeks after meds are submitted, if our med request suddenly plops through the door soon, we will be hard pushed to sell in time.

Thanks Jenny
Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi ,

to be more precise, I sent my application in late july, but Visa was debited on first of August.

I am in legal practise.I guess my medical request comes slightly faster than expected is because I hold an Aussie degree., not that much for them to check or verify.

I am already in my late thirties hence got a bit of saving.The bond money is not too much of a problem for me.

I have yet to do the medical as I can't decide whether to wait for my wife to deliver the baby first then we do together, or myself do the medical first ?donno which one is better.Any advise ?
Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

If I were you, I would wait and get them all done together, then you will only need to pay one courier charge for starters and it keeps all your details together.

Good luck with the baby and the medicals etc.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 9:25 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.

1. http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#pcm001

2a. Possibly. How many points did you score on your self-assessment?

2b. Your having an Aussie degree has no bearing on your wife's English capability, no? Bear in mind that a police/medicals request does not mean that your wife has been assessed as having met the minimum English requirements.

On an extreme scenario, if your wife is assessed to have less than the minimum English standard, your skilled visa will not be affected (unless you relied on her for your bonus spouse points). Which means that you will simply have to cough up the English language tuition charge in order to get your visa, in this scenario.

HTH

Peter
Old Feb 29th 2004, 9:30 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I have yet to do the medical as I can't decide whether to wait for my wife to deliver the baby first then we do together, or myself do the medical first ?donno which one is better.Any advise ?
There's no point in having your medicals done first if you do not intend to have your wife go through the medicals until after she gives birth. Remember the first-entry date is tied to the first anniversary of your meds/police check, whichever is earlier (unless a health undertaking is required - then it will be reduced to 6 months from your meds).

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#pcm005

Remember also that if your visas have been granted and your wife gives birth outside of Australia, the baby will not have any Australian status and you will need to lodge a Chidl visa application for him/her.

If you delay your medicals by informing your case officer of your wife's pregnancy, and if your case officer agrees, you could then include your baby in your application and the whole family will then be processed in your application.

However, the downside to that is that in the unfortunate and unwanted event that your baby is born with some major medical condition that does not meet the medical requirement for a permanent visa, the whole family's application is tossed out.

Peter
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for everyone reply, special thanks to Peter.

Most likely I will delay the medical and the x-ray until the baby is born,as doing mine first will not fasten the process.