Reload this Page >

Application for Skilled Migration

Application for Skilled Migration

Old Sep 7th 2002, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Gooner is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Application for Skilled Migration

Hello every,

This is my first time here. I'm in the process to apply for a skilled migration visa and I have 2 questions if you could help me!!.

1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just to speed up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request for it?

2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is b/c i'm British.

Thanks inadvance Lookforward to hear from you all
Old Sep 7th 2002, 9:54 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application for Skilled Migration

> 1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just to speed
> up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request for it?

Certainly possible, althought not recommended.

> 2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is b/c i'm British.

Nope, you won't be required to sit for an English test if you're a Brit.
Old Sep 7th 2002, 4:53 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs:
> 2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is b/c i'm British.

Nope, you won't be required to sit for an English test if you're a Brit.
Well, there are Brits and Brits. Wouldn't a Brit who can't speak English to an acceptable level (say, someone who has recently acquired British citizenship and moved to the UK from another country) still possibly be required to show proficiency in Eng lang?

Don
Old Sep 7th 2002, 5:54 pm
Capt Pugwash

If this post is typical of your English grammar then it may be a good idea. Or then
again maybe not, depends on whose viewpoint your taking!

Pugwash

"Gooner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello every,
    > This is my first time here. I'm in the process to apply for a skilled migration
    > visa and I have 2 questions if you could help me!!.
    > 1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just
    > to speed up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request
    > for it?
    > 2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is
    > b/c i'm British.
    > Thanks inadvance Lookforward to hear from you all
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 7th 2002, 10:15 pm
Klaus Illhardt

"Gooner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello every,
    > This is my first time here. I'm in the process to apply for a skilled migration
    > visa and I have 2 questions if you could help me!!.
    > 1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just
    > to speed up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request
    > for it?
You better of wait until DIMA is asking you to provide this information. The medical
test and police clearance is not endless valid and the processing time could be long
(13 month in my special circumstances) . Good luck

> 2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is
    > b/c i'm British.
    > Thanks inadvance Lookforward to hear from you all
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 7th 2002, 10:38 pm
Jaj

If a foreigner wants to acquire British citizenship by naturalisation there is a 5
year residence requirement, or 3 if married to a British citizen. It is possible
that someone in this position might be asked for an IELTS test anyway, although
Peter's point applies to those who have been born and raised in the UK.

Jeremy

>On Sat, 07 Sep 2002 16:53:36 +0000, pleasancefamily
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >Originally posted by ptlabs:
    >> > 2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is b/c i'm
    >> > British.
    >> Nope, you won't be required to sit for an English test if you're a Brit.
    >Well, there are Brits and Brits. Wouldn't a Brit who can't speak English to an
    >acceptable level (say, someone who has recently acquired British citizenship and
    >moved to the UK from another country) still possibly be required to show proficiency
    >in Eng lang?
    >Don
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 9th 2002, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Qburn1 is on a distinguished road

We have sent our medicals and police checks in advance, as advised by an agent at the Emigration Fayre in York 2002.

I now think this is a bad idea, as I have been told that our file (sent Sept 2001) won't be opened for a long time, and our medicals run out on June 2003.

It will cost us over £500 to have them done again, not too mention the fact that we all found them quite stressfull.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 7:52 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Did you pay the agent a fee for that advice ...?

If so, I'd be asking for some money back.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Qburn1:
We have sent our medicals and police checks in advance, as advised by an agent at the Emigration Fayre in York 2002.

I now think this is a bad idea, as I have been told that our file (sent Sept 2001) won't be opened for a long time, and our medicals run out on June 2003.

It will cost us over £500 to have them done again, not too mention the fact that we all found them quite stressfull.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 10:14 am
Daves

> > 1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just
    > > to speed up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request
    > > for it?
    > >
    > You better of wait until DIMA is asking you to provide this information. The
    > medical test and police clearance is not endless valid and the processing time
    > could be long (13 month in my special circumstances) . Good luck

Ditto...I front-loaded my app with the Medicals and Police reports thinking this
might speed up the process. Since the police reports are ONLY valid for twelve months
you could leave yourself with having to get them reissued if processing takes longer
than that. Wait for DIMA to request them.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Daves:
    > > 1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just
    > > to speed up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request
    > > for it?
    > >
    > medical test and police clearance is not endless valid and the processing time

Ditto...I front-loaded my app with the Medicals and Police reports thinking this
might speed up the process. Since the police reports are ONLY valid for twelve months
you could leave yourself with having to get them reissued if processing takes longer
BEING A GOONER YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLE PASSING THE CHARACTER CHECKS
Old Sep 9th 2002, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Application for Skilled Migration

Thank you guys for the help.

Jockney, no worry already passed my character check . Don't tell me you are Spur's fun.

Originally posted by Gooner:
Hello every,

This is my first time here. I'm in the process to apply for a skilled migration visa and I have 2 questions if you could help me!!.

1. I'm thinking to submit medical and police clearance with my application just to speed up the process so is that possible to do that before i get a request for it?

2. Can you tell me if i need an English test? the reason i'm asking is b/c i'm British.

Thanks inadvance Lookforward to hear from you all
Old Sep 9th 2002, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Pssssssssst I am in Enfield... only a couple of miles from the Spurs ground, but I only support myself.. cos no one else will

Yvonne

5 days til we leave, 7 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by Gooner:
Thank you guys for the help.

Jockney, no worry already passed my character check . Don't tell me you are Spur's fun.

Old Sep 10th 2002, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

I`m afraid to say yes I am a spurs fan but dont worry plenty of room in oz for rivals.Good luck with your application.This site is excellent for advise wish I had surfed before I empowered my migration agent.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 7:23 pm
Testing

Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Daves:
    > > for it?
    > >

Best solution would seem to be to do your police checks/medical 6 months after sending in your application (unless asked earlier, of course). That way they will be ready when asked, and it looks like recent applications to Adelaide are taking < 18 months so will be valid long enough.

Paul
Old Sep 13th 2002, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mokney. I think i'll do that. I requested medical form from AHL and got them yesterday.

Originally posted by Monkey:

Best solution would seem to be to do your police checks/medical 6 months after sending in your application (unless asked earlier, of course). That way they will be ready when asked, and it looks like recent applications to Adelaide are taking < 18 months so will be valid long enough.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.