Reload this Page >

Application/Medical checks

Application/Medical checks

Old Sep 4th 2002, 3:19 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Application/Medical checks

:scared:

I'm planning on moving to Oz in 2004 with my family and am planning on posting my application in January 2003. I've got loads of information on applying etc., however there's no info on when the medical and police checks are required. Am I correct in thinking this is only requested after the application has been sent or is it up to me to do this before applying?

Also, we're planning on applying under the skilled independent category using my wife's occupation as a registered nurse as my engineering degree is not accredited and I would therefore have to submit a Competency Demonstration Report to the Institute of Engineers in Australia in order to be assessed, which would be more time-consuming. Having said this, would anyone suggest I get assessed anyway, bearing in mind it costs around £190, in order to be more marketable when I arrive and start looking for jobs?