Application Advice

Wikiposts

Application Advice

Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application Advice

Hi

I have been offered a job in Sydney and the company has agreed to sponsor me, I have to lodge a 1066 application but am unsure where to send it. I have checked the various websites but still cant get a straight answer, can anyone help. Also I have to have a medical but dont know how to go about finding a doctor to do it, i believe it has to be some kind of recognised one.

Thanking you in advance for your help

Michaela
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Michaela,

All the info you need can be found on http://www.immi.gov.au
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:13 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I've attached the List of official immigrations doctors for you.
The form you need, read the notes re where to send it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1066.pdf
This page has also got lots of info on
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visi...iness_long.htm

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
doctors.pdf (60.9 KB, 1203 views)
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by BKate
I've attached the List of official immigrations doctors for you.
The form you need, read the notes re where to send it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1066.pdf
This page has also got lots of info on
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visi...iness_long.htm

Good Luck
Thanks BKate but am really struggling to find the info have read the pages you sent me but still cant find address or doctors. Can you help me further. Am not usually this thick, must be having an off week.

Thanks

Michaela: beer:
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If it is an employer sponsored visa then I think the application is now made electronically on the e-visa section www.immi.gov.au .

The list of doctors is on www.australia.org.uk which is the High commissions web site.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
If it is an employer sponsored visa then I think the application is now made electronically on the e-visa section www.immi.gov.au .

The list of doctors is on www.australia.org.uk which is the High commissions web site.
Click on business services

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/business.htm
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom

Bondipom U R A STAR !! Have finally found that damn list of doctors, am still struggling to get an address where to send this god damn flaming application form tho!!!

Michaela
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by michaela
Bondipom U R A STAR !! Have finally found that damn list of doctors, am still struggling to get an address where to send this god damn flaming application form tho!!!

Michaela

Michaela
It has to go to the DIMIA centre where the Australian sponser has sent their nomination.
In my case this ended up being Paramatta in NSW.
I applied over the internet for a E457 visa once the nomination had been approved.
regards
Nick
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Sharpy67
Michaela
It has to go to the DIMIA centre where the Australian sponser has sent their nomination.
In my case this ended up being Paramatta in NSW.
I applied over the internet for a E457 visa once the nomination had been approved.
regards
Nick
Thanks Nick but how did you know where they had sent it. Did the sponsor inform you where to send it? Also what is the process, is it: when sponsor has sent app, they are informed whether it has been successful if it has then i apply for mine. Im really meeting myself coming backwards here, and am struggling to find anyone who can help.

Thanks

Michaela
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Thanks Nick but how did you know where they had sent it. Did the sponsor inform you where to send it? Also what is the process, is it: when sponsor has sent app, they are informed whether it has been successful if it has then i apply for mine. Im really meeting myself coming backwards here, and am struggling to find anyone who can help.

Thanks

Michaela

Ok This is my story
Employer based in Sydney applied to DIMIA for a 457 nomination.
When this was approved, employer contacted me and advised me to apply for a e457 visa. They also gave me the nomination approval number.
I then applied fror a e457 visa over the internet using this approval number. After having filled in all the details and paid for it using a credit card, DIMIA advised what medical forms to download from them. This i did, got the medicals and chest xrays done and these were sent off to Australia by the medical staff.
Waited about 4 weeks, then got approval.
Instead of applying over the internet, you can use the paper application, but as previously mentioned this does need to be sent to the same centre where your sponser applied.
Hope this helps.
I'll try and help as much as I can
regards
Nick
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Nick really am not usually this thick !!!

So the next thing then is for me to wait until employer gets back to me with approval and take it from there.

Then I can lodge my application.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Nick really am not usually this thick !!!

So the next thing then is for me to wait until employer gets back to me with approval and take it from there.

Then I can lodge my application.
Michaela
Thats what I would do. I think you could apply at the same time as your employer is putting in their nominatioon, but they have to tell you where they are sending it. DIMIA must reference the two applications by your name.
Don't worry about looking thick. I think most people struggle to work out the basics from the information overload that is presented, espicially on the DIMIA sites. There were occasions where the UK DIMIA site was contradicting the information on the AUS DIMIA with regards to where to send apps, medicals etc,etc.
It becomes a bit clearer once you've done it.

By the way, if you do apply online, you will have to electronically attach your supporting info. This will be birth certificates, marriage cert, qualifications, cv etc. When i did it, there was a lot of problems uploading them to DIMIA website. In short i had to do it several times for each document before it finally attached. they may well have fixed this now.

Good luck
Nick
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Nick,

ur help and advice really is appreciated.

Michaela