Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which appliances etcto take?

Which appliances etcto take?

Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which appliances etcto take?

Originally Posted by Bex and Si
I'm moving out next month and have half a container to ship over. We sold all our whites with our house! Hmmm beginning to think that was a mistake
Would you suggest that we buy a washer/dryer/fridge etc to bring along with us?
Thanks
I heard you have to pay customs duty on new appliances.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
I heard you have to pay customs duty on new appliances.
Yip, we just a quote done and they said appliances need to be older than 1 year otherwise you may have to pay duty.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Bex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really niceBex and Si is just really nice

Ok thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paddyo
ok, well mine is, but didn;t!! Having said that, Digital Ready in 2001 (when I bought it) and working with Digital Aerial may not eqate to the same Digital Ready now. It may even just need someone who knows what they are doing to fiddle with a few knobs to adjust it and make it work.
Your original comment about the digibox is absolutely right. Regardless of whether a TV is UK digital ready or not, the frequencies used for transmission are different.

BUT (to OP) bring everything (we didn't bother with the fridge), set top boxes for the TV can be bought from $30 for standard definition and $60ish for HD (cheap ones!). If you've already got a really cheap set top box bring it too, because depending on the way it scans for channels you might pick some up.

Bring your adsl modem router if you have one and just buy a new phone connector bit (technical term!). We gave ours away because we knew that the phone system was different. It turned out that it was just the plug!