Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

applecross, good?

applecross, good?

Old Sep 4th 2011, 10:25 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applecross, good?

Originally Posted by laven
I know its impossible, im talking school quality only here.

Applecross is public, it is considered a good public school a, but how good is "good public"? is it still comparable to mid range (or a bit higher) private schools with easy enough entry (no religion requirements or 20 year waiting lists, etc)?

We dont really know neighbours or anybody in the area.
I cant answer.

My niece went to AX SHS and got a pretty good Yr 12 result. Her brother did a few years at AX but never settled so they moved him to Aquinas (RC). There he also failed to academically. The last one went to Santa Maria (also RC) and she excelled.

Should note my sisters family are not RC even thought the schools were..

As Edie suggested look at school tables as well.

Good luck. Great area.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by galba
We're Oil and Gas expats and have a couple of friends in Applecross. Their kids go to Applecross Primary and then Wesley College in South Perth for high school.

It's a lovely area, very pretty and the housing is of good quality.

Other suburbs to think about are

SOR: Attadale, Mount Pleasant
NOR: Nedlands, Claremont, Dalkeith, Cottesloe, Swanbourne and Mosman Park
thanks , so they thought Wesley college would be more suitable for their kids than Applecross SHS, did they by any chance tell you why?:-)

Originally Posted by EvannTel
I cant answer.

My niece went to AX SHS and got a pretty good Yr 12 result. Her brother did a few years at AX but never settled so they moved him to Aquinas (RC). There he also failed to academically. The last one went to Santa Maria (also RC) and she excelled.

Should note my sisters family are not RC even thought the schools were..

As Edie suggested look at school tables as well.

Good luck. Great area.
thank you, what is RC? smth to do with religion? So you are saying its quite possible to move a kid from one private school to another without too much hassle. Godo to know, I thought you always need to be on one of the endless waiting lists.

area looks ok. pretty much like other areas Ive seen in Perth but I havent seen many, I dont know.

Originally Posted by eddie007
Why not start your own thread on that specific subject?

Most people on here wont have experience of both top private schools and Applecross High..

You may have to do some of your own leg work to find your specific answers

As suggested previously.

Look up league tables

Contact individual private schools and see if they even have a place, you are wasting your time if they havent.

Go and see for yourself and evaluate your own childs individual needs and your aspirations for them with what is on offer.
Why to say "top private"? Because of the word "Applecross"? There might be people with children from said area in this forum and they might have opinions of the local schools, its not too fantastic, is it?:-) quite normal question I think.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

If that snob made you feel inferiour, its only your fault, not his.
HONEST I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A DUST UP WITH YOU...BUT COULD YOU EXPLAINE THAT FOR ME AS IT MAY HELP ME A LITTLE..THANK YOU...
Old Sep 5th 2011, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston
HONEST I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A DUST UP WITH YOU...BUT COULD YOU EXPLAINE THAT FOR ME AS IT MAY HELP ME A LITTLE..THANK YOU...
I sure can - Nobody can make you feel inferiour without your consent (c)

You feel less of yourself because of how much money you have, because of where you live, because of the education you have actually BEFORE somebody pointed that out, its all about you, not the "snobs". actually you are that snob.

oh, and I dont care where the person i talk to lives unlike you, btw. its just funny how some of you made that big deal of the name Applecross, if I was rude and Im presumably from Applecross Im snob, if I was from from Armidale Id be a bogan. I dont even live i AX, we are in the catchment zone of the school.

People of the world dont even know the city of Perth exists and to you its suburbs is a huge marker, village mentality.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 5:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We dont really know neighbours or anybody in the area.
Lucky neighbours.

Do you purposely write in an obnoxious and testy style, or is it just that you are non English and something is lost during translation?
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is mental - one for the Bizzaroland files
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:09 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

I sure can - Nobody can make you feel inferiour without your consent (c)

You feel less of yourself because of how much money you have, because of where you live, because of the education you have actually BEFORE somebody pointed that out, its all about you, not the "snobs". actually you are that snob.

oh, and I dont care where the person i talk to lives unlike you, btw. its just funny how some of you made that big deal of the name Applecross, if I was rude and Im presumably from Applecross Im snob, if I was from from Armidale Id be a bogan. I dont even live i AX, we are in the catchment zone of the school.

People of the world dont even know the city of Perth exists and to you its suburbs is a huge marker, village mentality.
THANKS...
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This thread is mental - one for the Bizzaroland files
It certainly appears to have developed a Personality Disorder of its own.... very strange
Old Sep 5th 2011, 7:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Apology accepted. There has been no trolling on this thread but considering the amount of information that has been handed over there's been remarkably little in the way of thanks.

It would appear that Applecross is indeed a lovely area and the school also appears good. Whether that will suit your child/ren or not remains to be seen as what works for one student doesn't work for another regardless of quality of schooling.

I think this thread can now be closed. Apologies to Clark66 who made the OP.