Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

applecross, good?

applecross, good?

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:42 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applecross, good?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Nowt to do with quality of humour, more todo with ipadfingeritis... Hang over and juggling a whopper with fries, extra large diet coke and worlds worst hangover

Any correlation between sense of humour bypass and laven?????.
I've got to put this response on here before you edit your post too.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laven
sorry, offtop.
I think you'll find that on slow weekends a little OT leeway is allowed... So long as it doesnt "take over" the whole thread...

As for schools, my aussie mates who live in Applecross still sent their kids to private schools... Because they could afford it... And they are all profesionals with private school educations themselves and tend to stick to what they know..

Although one did take her son out of one of the TOP fee paying schools in Australia at 15 years of age to go to the local TAFE and start a trade.. Her friends and neighbours were HORRIFIED...He now owns a multimillion dollar business and drives a car that I'm too elderly, inelegant and large to get out of without causing a national outcry... Tho I did once... Ended up having to roll onto the tarmac...
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I've got to put this response on here before you edit your post too.
Since when did I EVER edit a post to cover the fact I'm a slack bogan?

And to continue on topic... That private school system "DROP OUT" now owns his own home in Peppermint Grove
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you'll find that on slow weekends a little OT leeway is allowed... So long as it doesnt "take over" the whole thread...

As for schools, my aussie mates who live in Applecross still sent their kids to private schools... Because they could afford it... And they are all profesionals with private school educations themselves and tend to stick to what they know..

Although one did take her son out of one of the TOP fee paying schools in Australia at 15 years of age to go to the local TAFE and start a trade.. Her friends and neighbours were HORRIFIED...He now owns a multimillion dollar business and drives a car that I'm too elderly, inelegant and large to get out of without causing a national outcry... Tho I did once... Ended up having to roll onto the tarmac...
I dont care whats allowed, i just dont have time for this type of conversayion. So your friends in Applecross reckon private schoolling is better academically, do they have other reasons to prefer private?
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dont care whats allowed, i just dont have time for this type of conversayion. So your friends in Applecross reckon private schoolling is better academically, do they have other reasons to prefer private?
Oh dear, I do apologise, didnt realise your reading skills were so poor that you would not simply be able to skim over anything not of personal interest to you.

Is there a connection between being not able to spell conversation or schooling and obvious rudeness?

or are you too operating on an ipad with a hangover, whopper and fries?

As I just stated my Australian friends in Applecross are themselves the products of private education and so choose to continue with what they know, Perhaps They dont have the experience of the local state schools to make an objective judgement?

Just as I have friends in the uk who are fourth or fifth generation Etonians.. And will be sending their own children to "their" old school... Or ones similar if for some bizarre reason they cant get a place... Rugby or Harrow usually will do as a second choice..

What you need to do is go visit the schools concerned, look them up on the league tables if these mean anyting to you and compare what you find to what is available to you in the private sector..(the BEST schools Will be full already).
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, I do apologise, didnt realise your reading skills were so poor that you would not simply be able to skim over anything not of personal interest to you.

Is there a connection between being not able to spell conversation or schooling and obvious rudeness?

or are you too operating on an ipad with a hangover, whopper and fries?

As I just stated my Australian friends in Applecross are themselves the products of private education and so choose to continue with what they know, Perhaps They dont have the experience of the local state schools to make an objective judgement?

Just as I have friends in the uk who are fourth or fifth generation Etonians.. And will be sending their own children to "their" old school... Or ones similar if for some bizarre reason they cant get a place... Rugby or Harrow usually will do as a second choice..

What you need to do is go visit the schools concerned, look them up on the league tables if these mean anyting to you and compare what you find to what is available to you in the private sector..(the BEST schools Will be full already).
Why waste your time Eddie?

Doesn't have time to contribute.....just take.

Tosser.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
Why waste your time Eddie?

Doesn't have time to contribute.....just take.

Tosser.
A,I'm bored,

B, any sudden movement, like standing up and doing anything constructive causes extreme nausea, so sitting VERY still with Ipad in bed is about as much as I can manage at the mo

C, nowt worth watching on TV til the footie starts...

D, Its fun.. Well, more fun than starting a conversation with God on the china telephone
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 1:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
you know edds,me and you are real good pals,sometimes i aint got a clue what you cleverer people are on about on here...what it does goes to show but ,is...

sometime a rough arse brickie,a rough arse paint sprayer ,and a clever types can be bestest of muckers ,,,what ever their backgrounds...

xxxxxxxxxxx

you know,i have some snobs who live at the back of me,,,for some strange reason they think im a peice of shit because i lay bricks for a living,,,he's in charge of a mining company and shes well up in the hospitals.....****in snobby poms,,,..for some reason as they are the educated type..they feel they have right to look down on worker types like me....what is it with people ?
I remember a pommie nurse when Mr PP was in hospital, he broke all his ribs on one side and when he vomited in his sick bag, she told him to 'go over there and put it in the bin', when he could barely walk without assistance and then muttered that she 'didnt leave CCU to clean up sick'

Snobs are everywhere in every job, but Aston, the snob near you should remember its people like you that build houses for snotty people like that to live in and if anyone should remember their place - it is them.

I used to work with a snob who looked down on me for where I lived, he maintained Mosman Park/Scarborough/Cottesloe were the places to live, personally I would not even take a dump there, let alone live there. Where I live may not be perfect but we have nice neighbours and even if I had the money to live in the supposedly 'nice areas', I can think of far better places to live.

Aston, next time you see your wanky neighbour, cross over the road in obvious fashion and look at them as though they were something you scraped off your shoe - start treating them with the contempt that they deserve.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I remember a pommie nurse when Mr PP was in hospital, he broke all his ribs on one side and when he vomited in his sick bag, she told him to 'go over there and put it in the bin', when he could barely walk without assistance and then muttered that she 'didnt leave CCU to clean up sick'

Snobs are everywhere in every job, but Aston, the snob near you should remember its people like you that build houses for snotty people like that to live in and if anyone should remember their place - it is them.

I used to work with a snob who looked down on me for where I lived, he maintained Mosman Park/Scarborough/Cottesloe were the places to live, personally I would not even take a dump there, let alone live there. Where I live may not be perfect but we have nice neighbours and even if I had the money to live in the supposedly 'nice areas', I can think of far better places to live.

Aston, next time you see your wanky neighbour, cross over the road in obvious fashion and look at them as though they were something you scraped off your shoe - start treating them with the contempt that they deserve.
If that snob made you feel inferiour, its only your fault, not his.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If that snob made you feel inferiour, its only your fault, not his.
And how is THAT particular comment considered to be on topic?

Applecross is a very nice area....
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:10 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Morning sports fans! I haven't risked going vertical yet as I fear severe pain will ve the consequence si like Ed I'll take the bed and iPad option.

Actually on topic, I think it is impossible so say if pupil X will do better or worse a Applecross than at ANOther private school. You just can't answer that.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Morning sports fans! I haven't risked going vertical yet as I fear severe pain will ve the consequence si like Ed I'll take the bed and iPad option.

Actually on topic, I think it is impossible so say if pupil X will do better or worse a Applecross than at ANOther private school. You just can't answer that.
IF I could take my house exactly as it is, on the same block, my neighbours, my mates and my job Drive to it in 7 minutes job at NO extra expense and park it all within a brisk walk of the beach(river front) and City center (Garden City Shopping Center) I'd be there like a shot..
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EvannTel

I know its impossible, im talking school quality only here.

Applecross is public, it is considered a good public school a, but how good is "good public"? is it still comparable to mid range (or a bit higher) private schools with easy enough entry (no religion requirements or 20 year waiting lists, etc)?

We dont really know neighbours or anybody in the area.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know its impossible, im talking school quality only here.

Applecross is public, it is considered a good public school a, but how good is "good public"? is it still comparable to mid range (or a bit higher) private schools with easy enough entry (no religion requirements or 20 year waiting lists, etc)?

We dont really know neighbours or anybody in the area.
Why not start your own thread on that specific subject?

Most people on here wont have experience of both top private schools and Applecross High..

You may have to do some of your own leg work to find your specific answers

As suggested previously.

Look up league tables

Contact individual private schools and see if they even have a place, you are wasting your time if they havent.

Go and see for yourself and evaluate your own childs individual needs and your aspirations for them with what is on offer.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

We're Oil and Gas expats and have a couple of friends in Applecross. Their kids go to Applecross Primary and then Wesley College in South Perth for high school.

It's a lovely area, very pretty and the housing is of good quality.

Other suburbs to think about are

SOR: Attadale, Mount Pleasant
NOR: Nedlands, Claremont, Dalkeith, Cottesloe, Swanbourne and Mosman Park

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.