Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Apple Mac more expensive in Australia?

Apple Mac more expensive in Australia?

Old May 17th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough
Default Apple Mac more expensive in Australia?

Apple Mac laptop - how is the price comparison between Australia and England?
Old May 17th 2010, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

james1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Apple Mac more expensive in Australia?

Originally Posted by Sushimania
You can check here http://www.apple.com/au/ against the uk site www.apple.com/uk

Great computers.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:14 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sushimania
You can often get 10% off at JB Hifi - so roughly 1289$AU less 10% for basic macbook
Old May 17th 2010, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the 13 inch Macbook pro 2.53Ghz 250 gig for Aud 1599 from Myers of all places on a special recently.
Old May 17th 2010, 10:53 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

Also check out the refurbished store on the Apple site.

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODY3Nw

I bought my 24 inch iMac there a couple of years ago. Good value. I believe they are computers that were dead on arrival. Sent back to Apple who refurbish them and sell them off cheaply with full warranty. Mine hasn't missed a beat.
Old May 18th 2010, 12:15 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I bought the 13 inch Macbook pro 2.53Ghz 250 gig for Aud 1599 from Myers of all places on a special recently.
Yah - I leveraged that 10% Off on Macbook pro to get the 10% off at JBHifi ;-) and another 10% off by flying it out the country with me next week to get GST off.
Old May 18th 2010, 12:28 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

it's gonna be classed as a laptop for rebate purposes.
Old May 18th 2010, 2:19 am
ah-beng

Originally Posted by coolshadows
it's gonna be classed as a laptop for rebate purposes.
That tax rebate makes me puke. Mainly because its means tested and I dont get it :-)

Laptops, Broadband, its all in scope for that. What a great initiative its really good. but does make me sick I dont get it :-)
Old May 18th 2010, 3:31 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spalen
That tax rebate makes me puke. Mainly because its means tested and I dont get it :-)

Laptops, Broadband, its all in scope for that. What a great initiative its really good. but does make me sick I dont get it :-)
Maybe there'll be a black market of underprivileged people selling knockdown iPads.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

How do you rate these?,as we are thinking of getting one.
thx Donna
Old May 18th 2010, 6:27 am
Pie Eater

Rate them? They're a gimick, you HAVE to get one to be in with the 'in' crowd.
Old May 18th 2010, 6:49 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolshadows
Rate them? They're a gimick, you HAVE to get one to be in with the 'in' crowd.
Speaking as someone who actually has one, I neither find the need to be "in" with any crowd or have the latest toy. I do however feel the ipad to be much more than a gimmick, indeed the represent the future of personal netbook type computing. Remember when iPods were just gimmicks ?

They are not a computer replacement per se, but more than competently do 90% of what I would boot mine up to achieve. Facebook, mail, surfing be, watching videos and so on.
Old May 18th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Speaking as someone who actually has one, I neither find the need to be "in" with any crowd or have the latest toy. I do however feel the ipad to be much more than a gimmick, indeed the represent the future of personal netbook type computing. Remember when iPods were just gimmicks ?

They are not a computer replacement per se, but more than competently do 90% of what I would boot mine up to achieve. Facebook, mail, surfing be, watching videos and so on.
Do you use it for things like word processing and spreadsheets as well? I do like that it tethers with a full size keyboard - one thing I would love my iphone to do.
Old May 18th 2010, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Yah - I leveraged that 10% Off on Macbook pro to get the 10% off at JBHifi ;-) and another 10% off by flying it out the country with me next week to get GST off.
Hows that work ?

Can you do that for say a holiday to Bali or even on a cruise ?
Old May 18th 2010, 8:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hows that work ?

Can you do that for say a holiday to Bali or even on a cruise ?
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4646.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.