Reload this Page >

are apartments popular in australia

are apartments popular in australia

Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

atlantatoaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default are apartments popular in australia

Hi

We were looking at property prices in Australia.Sydney to us seems very un affordable ,Melbourne a little better. We may be able to afford a house in Melb but never in Sydney Pardon my ignorance but do ppl always look at buying houses? Dont ppl look at buying town homes and flats,apartments etc???

regards
Priya
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are apartments popular in australia

Originally Posted by atlantatoaus
Hi

We were looking at property prices in Australia.Sydney to us seems very un affordable ,Melbourne a little better. We may be able to afford a house in Melb but never in Sydney Pardon my ignorance but do ppl always look at buying houses? Dont ppl look at buying town homes and flats,apartments etc???

regards
Priya
Prices in many parts of Aus now mean people have had to start looking away from the traditional house. We know people in sydney who live in an apartment they have bought and they are in their 50's, and a 30 year old who bought a house outright in brisbane, the rent from that pays his rent on a half share tiny flat in inner sydney.

Other option is to buy a cheaper house in the outer suburbs, but traffic from these places is almost as bad as commuting in a car if you were in the UK, awful in sydney, melboure was shocking last december when we went down and brisbane is getting fairly conjested now too, I'd imagine most other cities the same then.

As aussies love houses the idea to keep costs down is tiny pieces of land not great in a climate where having your windows open is ideal, the lack of privacy is astounding, we had 1300 block and looked at houses on 300!! you can hear everything especially with the lightweight sheet or single brick construction. Total nightmare and honest real estate agents will tell you hard to sell.

4 bedroooms 2 bathrooms, 2 garage, as new as possible on a big piece of land is the aussie ideal property, the less popular 3 bed one bath no car accom will reduce house price significantly.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Prices in many parts of Aus now mean people have had to start looking away from the traditional house. We know people in sydney who live in an apartment they have bought and they are in their 50's, and a 30 year old who bought a house outright in brisbane, the rent from that pays his rent on a half share tiny flat in inner sydney.

Other option is to buy a cheaper house in the outer suburbs, but traffic from these places is almost as bad as commuting in a car if you were in the UK, awful in sydney, melboure was shocking last december when we went down and brisbane is getting fairly conjested now too, I'd imagine most other cities the same then.

As aussies love houses the idea to keep costs down is tiny pieces of land not great in a climate where having your windows open is ideal, the lack of privacy is astounding, we had 1300 block and looked at houses on 300!! you can hear everything especially with the lightweight sheet or single brick construction. Total nightmare and honest real estate agents will tell you hard to sell.

4 bedroooms 2 bathrooms, 2 garage, as new as possible on a big piece of land is the aussie ideal property, the less popular 3 bed one bath no car accom will reduce house price significantly.
What????!!!

I was told I could buy a detached 4 bed house with heated pool for 100K Australian. Are you just a pom hating Aussie trying to keep us from the promised land?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by eatstatic
What????!!!

I was told I could buy a detached 4 bed house with heated pool for 100K Australian. Are you just a pom hating Aussie trying to keep us from the promised land?
Show me the person that told you that and I'd call him a liar
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atlantatoaus
Hi

regards
Priya
Town houses are definitely becoming more popular as they try to cram more people into the same space. Lots of areas are being rezoned to allow higher density housing, and the blocks of land are getting smaller and smaller.

Apartment living is very popular if you want the city life and live in the cbd, or nearby. It depends what lifestyle you are after. City living isn't for everyone.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:00 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Billabong
Show me the person that told you that and I'd call him a liar
Easy Peasy:

4 WATERLOO STREET, BURREN JUNCTION: $100,000 - $110,000
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation

What????!!!

Relax, you can buy the dream.
4bed house under $100k
still leaves 10k for the pool!
Mind you, you'll have to live out back of Burranurrabun.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

What????!!!

No, I think thats the UK now

Welcome back I thought you were banned !! the place has been rather quiet without you.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

astonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura about

"less than 1hrs drive from Narrabri." ROTFLMAO! Position Position Position
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by astonished
"less than 1hrs drive from Narrabri." ROTFLMAO! Position Position Position
Conveniently located away from Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide and Tamworth:

Burren Junction
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:37 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Jesus, that brings a new meaning to `middle of nowhere`.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalania
Conveniently located away from Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide and Tamworth:

Burren Junction
Conveniently located away from everywhere! .

Actually I would have thought that being more than an hours drive from Narrabri would be preferrable .
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:50 am
Banned

Another somewhere:

Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:55 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if there are any apartments in Burren Junction or Burranurrabun?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Wonder if there are any apartments in Burren Junction or Burranurrabun?
Burranurrabun is always everything anyone can imagine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.