Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Apartments in Brisbane ?

Apartments in Brisbane ?

Old Mar 18th 2005, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apartments in Brisbane ?

Is anyone living or looking at apartments in Brisbane ? - I know a few places have come up in some threads here. Just looking at a long term rental...well 6 months-ish. Was looking at the city for ease of getting round - but I guess you can get a lot more out the city.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 10:20 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Apartments in Brisbane ?

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Is anyone living or looking at apartments in Brisbane ? - I know a few places have come up in some threads here. Just looking at a long term rental...well 6 months-ish. Was looking at the city for ease of getting round - but I guess you can get a lot more out the city.
We've arranged to see a few apartments when we land next week. Check out www.seqrents.com.au.

Loads of places in the city. Obviously loads more in the suburbs, but unless you are certain on where you want to stay, it might be worth doing what we're doing and renting in the city for 6 months until you know where you want to be. That way you're close to the action as well and can stagger to and from city-based events/bars, etc!

Will post, if I can get access to internet and will let you know what the standard is like. Needless to say it is more expensive in the city for half decent flats, etc.

Cheers,

Rob
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

We've just started renting in January. Hardest thing to find was a place with air-conditioning. It's not standard and the minute anything with a/c came on the market it was rented out immediately. Most stuff we viewed was decent.

Places we looked at were in NewFarm/The Valley, Ascot and Paddington. We pay $255 for a decent 2 bedroom "unit" in Ascot. This seems pretty average. Best site is realestate.com.au as all the estate agents advertise on it.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:54 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

We live in the Emporium in the Valley

15mins from the CBD, in the heart of everywhere else.. if you want city life in staggering distance, its the Valley

Emporium has a pool, gym, private cinema, bars, restaurants, offies, book shop, surf board shop (love this shop sooo much),

oh we also have a deck and A/c... its 180 a week for a 2 bed place

Last edited by sloake; Mar 18th 2005 at 12:57 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:26 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sloake

15mins from the CBD, in the heart of everywhere else.. if you want city life in staggering distance, its the Valley

Emporium has a pool, gym, private cinema, bars, restaurants, offies, book shop, surf board shop (love this shop sooo much),

wow - these last two posts are a bit of an eye-opener. We've been expecting to pay upwards of $350 for 2 bed apartments!

Yippeee - looks like we might have a bit of money to spare!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:31 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake

Dont spose you have a link to the site do you? Would be interested in what it looks like
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:39 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Dont spose you have a link to the site do you? Would be interested in what it looks like
http://www.brisbane-australia.com/103036.php

not a great image of the place, but the only site I could find with photo.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:41 pm
chilled member

Originally Posted by samnrob2
wow - these last two posts are a bit of an eye-opener. We've been expecting to pay upwards of $350 for 2 bed apartments!

Yippeee - looks like we might have a bit of money to spare!
Sorry to raise your hopes, thats 180 each..
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

wowzer - have to look at that myself. Likely to pick up somewhere for a coupe of weeks then a retal for 6months or so. I thought by the city whilst we settled and get jobs .

Besides that no car initially so need to be clost to the shops too - arrhh yes the car guess thats another thread.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at www.realestate.com.au - they have a rental section, most of the stuff there is available on 6 month leases. We are looking at suburbs as close to the city as Clayfield, Chermside, Stafford, Windsor - all good transport links (as I don't drive) and we are coming up with plenty that are 2/3 bedrooms, garage, loads of room - all less than $240 per week.
OK they arent in places like the Emporium, but they are cheap enough, while being close enough to the city. If you just want to rent while looking to buy something more "upmarket", they would certainly do.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:06 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one

ta !
Old Mar 19th 2005, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Besides that no car initially so need to be clost to the shops too - arrhh yes the car guess thats another thread.
Try government car auctions, we bought a two year old Toyota Camry (30000 km) from an auction in Adelaide for $5000 less than forecourt price...it goes like a dream. The local Toyota garage manager was in the crowd!!!!!

Sorry for going off thread.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 1:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by linda_clarky
Try government car auctions, we bought a two year old Toyota Camry (30000 km) from an auction in Adelaide for $5000 less than forecourt price...it goes like a dream. The local Toyota garage manager was in the crowd!!!!!

Sorry for going off thread.

I'm currently house-sitting for a friend in New Farm. It took me 20mins to walk to work yesterday (CBD) and is right on the water front.
I can't find the rentals information, but the link will show you where I'm staying for one thats just sold in the apt. block - River Gallery