Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AOS Request Letter Rec today!!!

AOS Request Letter Rec today!!!

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:29 pm
Cheeky

Thumbs up AOS Request Letter Rec today!!!

Hi Folks!

I thought you might like to know.........

Recieved a letter today from my CO at DIMIA requiring my assuror to contact centrelink immediately to make arrangements for the bond. The letter I have recieved from DIMIA I have to now send to my aunty (who is sponsor and assurer for us) in Brisbane and she has to take it to Centrelink. Phew!!

This is the (hopefully!) last stage for us, so I am just a bit WHOOO HOOOOO!!! Sorry I keep having outbursts!!!

I have to point out though (Ive only just seen it) it does say 'Approval of of an aos app does not (underlined) guarantee the success of the visa app.'

Dont know why it says that but I am still made up!!!

So here is our timeline (from start to finish)

TRA app sent in Oct 2003 (didn't fast track)
Success TRA recieved Feb 2004

hummed and ahhhhhhed for a bit.

Main app sent in 12th Aug 2004 (front loaded PCs)
Med/xray requests and additional info required 17/09/04
Meds and xrays done, also extra info, sent back on 19/10/04
Aos letter 17/11/04

We are applying for 138 skilled Aus sponsored.

I also wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for their continued support and wish everyone good luck with their visa apps.

Thanks,
Cheeky
xxxxxxxx
PS Does this mean I can a have a Dare I?!! lol! (On a week night, tut, tut, tut!! lol)

Last edited by Cheeky; Nov 17th 2004 at 3:19 pm. Reason: Oops correcting a date!! Dizzy me!!

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:59 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: AOS Request Letter Rec today!!!

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi Folks!

Recieved a letter today from my CO at DIMIA requiring my assuror to contact centrelink immediately to make arrangements for the bond. The letter I have recieved from DIMIA I have to now send to my aunty (who is sponsor and assurer for us) in Brisbane and she has to take it to Centrelink. Phew!!

This is the (hopefully!) last stage for us, so I am just a bit WHOOO HOOOOO!!! Sorry I keep having outbursts!!!

I have to point out though (Ive only just seen it) it does say 'Approval of of an aos app does not (underlined) guarantee the success of the visa app.'

Aos letter 17/10/04

I also wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for their continued support and wish everyone good luck with their visa apps.

Thanks,
Cheeky
xxxxxxxx
PS Does this mean I can a have a Dare I?!! lol! (On a week night, tut, tut, tut!! lol)
Great news Cheeky!

All downhill from now then! Have a few-be wreckless!!!

Phil x
Old Nov 17th 2004, 4:12 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Request Letter Rec today!!!

Hi Folks!

Aos letter 17/11/04

Thanks,
Cheeky
xxxxxxxx

Great news Cheeky!!

Another step closer-Congrats!!

Goodluck for the rest of the way,

Donna x x
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:31 pm
Cheeky

Thank you Phil and Donna for your good wishes!

I am just going to pour myself a nice glass of Aus red!!

Cheeky (sip, slurp, 'mmm' v. nice!! )
xx

Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

cardmaker2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: AOS Request Letter Rec today!!!

xx

We have submitted our medicals in october, but where wondering about when to send our AOS bond money to our assurer. From your posting you seem to suggest that the AOS request for the bond is sent direct to you and not your assurer. Is that correct or have I got things confused. I would be grateful if you or another person who has been through this process could explain this to me.

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:36 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

xx
Cheeky,

Does that glass ever get put away!!!

Anyway,

Y I P P E E

All together now:-

Oh! we're going to Australia,
Oh! back to the gum trees
Oh! we going to see our rellies
Oh! in the sunny indian ocean sea (perth)
" " " bass straight (Melbourne)
" " " Tasman Sea (Sydney) etc etc etc
Insert as required!!!

D D
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:45 pm
Cheeky

Hi there,

I will try and explain.....

For the visa which we are applying for we have recieved the 'required assurance of support' letter, which we now have to send on to my assurer in Oz. I know it sounds like a lot of too-ing and fro-ing but that is what they have done. My assurer has then to contact centrelink with this letter (the original) from DIMIA in order to be assessed.

I am very lucky my assurer has very kindly offered to put the bond money up for us, so I wont need to transfer any funds.

If you do a search (about transferring money to Oz for an assurer) you should be able to find out some info on how it is done. I am sure this subject came up quite recently. I think what you will have to do is transfer the money direct to your assurer and they then transfer it to the bond. This is my interpretation of it although I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Cheeky

Originally Posted by cardmaker2
We have submitted our medicals in october, but where wondering about when to send our AOS bond money to our assurer. From your posting you seem to suggest that the AOS request for the bond is sent direct to you and not your assurer. Is that correct or have I got things confused. I would be grateful if you or another person who has been through this process could explain this to me.

Thanks

Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:56 pm
Cheeky

LOL DD!!

Do I wash it (the glass! ) as well you mean!!!! uugggghhhh! yuck, yes course I do!!

I can almost 'hear' you singing that tune!! Ahh, lovely!! (Sitting here singing along, swaying side to side (oooo, thats not a good sign!!) and swinging my glass too, Cheers!! )

Cheeky!!
xx
PS I was thinking..........dya think if I shortened my name to 'Cheeks' when I signed off people wouldnt get the wrong 'impression'....would they?!! Or is too late for that!! LOL
PPS sorry had to delete your smilies!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Cheeky,

Does that glass ever get put away!!!

Anyway,

Y I P P E E

All together now:-

Oh! we're going to Australia,
Oh! back to the gum trees
Oh! we going to see our rellies
Oh! in the sunny indian ocean sea (perth)
" " " bass straight (Melbourne)
" " " Tasman Sea (Sydney) etc etc etc
Insert as required!!!

D D

Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

cardmaker2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I will try and explain.....

For the visa which we are applying for we have recieved the 'required assurance of support' letter, which we now have to send on to my assurer in Oz. I know it sounds like a lot of too-ing and fro-ing but that is what they have done. My assurer has then to contact centrelink with this letter (the original) from DIMIA in order to be assessed.

I am very lucky my assurer has very kindly offered to put the bond money up for us, so I wont need to transfer any funds.

If you do a search (about transferring money to Oz for an assurer) you should be able to find out some info on how it is done. I am sure this subject came up quite recently. I think what you will have to do is transfer the money direct to your assurer and they then transfer it to the bond. This is my interpretation of it although I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Cheeky
Thanks for the clarification
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:59 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Careful Cheeks ( )

Too much vino and the room will be swaying enough anyway!!!!

D D
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:07 pm
Cheeky

I have had only one glass (hiccup!) honest!!

Its worse when you lie down and the room spins......thats when you really know you had one too many!! Not good that!

Cheeks
x

PS you dont think Cheeks it sounds a bit eerrrrr............for want of a better word........in fact Ill send you a pm, Im not saying it on here, I embarass my self enough thanks!!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Careful Cheeks ( )

Too much vino and the room will be swaying enough anyway!!!!

D D

Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:40 am
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road

I have had only one glass (hiccup!) honest!!

Its worse when you lie down and the room spins......thats when you really know you had one too many!! Not good that!

Cheeks
x

PS you dont think Cheeks it sounds a bit eerrrrr............for want of a better word........in fact Ill send you a pm, Im not saying it on here, I embarass my self enough thanks!!
hi cheeky you seem to be as happy as me. My assurer paid the bond and had interview with centrelink on the 5th nov ( 2 weeks ago today), my assurer was approved that day and they told him they would send it straight away to adelaide. So i guess any day now we should be getting the call from the co, we cant wait.

how long do you expect it to take once the bond is sorted?

Cheers

Brendan.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:07 pm
Cheeky

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your post! Wow, you have made my day! Centrelink approved your aos there and then? Thats brill news! I have no idea how long it takes but I am presuming not long. OMG you must be so excited!!! OMG I cant wait now!!

I have sent the AoS letter to my Aunty in Brisbane and it is expected to arrive next Weds. I phoned her Weds night to let her know what was happening so she knows what to do. OMG!!!!!!

Brendan, please will you let me know when you find out? I will be looking for your 'GOT IT' thread!!! Awww good luck, not long now!!!

I hope you dont mind me asking but where abouts in Oz does your sponsor/assurer live? And out of curiosity where are you headed and when are you planning to go? Sorry for the inquisition it gets the better of me!!

Thanks again I am really very glad to hear this!

Good Luck!!!!!!
Cheeky

Originally Posted by brendan_34_mids
hi cheeky you seem to be as happy as me. My assurer paid the bond and had interview with centrelink on the 5th nov ( 2 weeks ago today), my assurer was approved that day and they told him they would send it straight away to adelaide. So i guess any day now we should be getting the call from the co, we cant wait.

how long do you expect it to take once the bond is sorted?

Cheers

Brendan.

Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:13 am
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your post! Wow, you have made my day! Centrelink approved your aos there and then? Thats brill news! I have no idea how long it takes but I am presuming not long. OMG you must be so excited!!! OMG I cant wait now!!

I have sent the AoS letter to my Aunty in Brisbane and it is expected to arrive next Weds. I phoned her Weds night to let her know what was happening so she knows what to do. OMG!!!!!!

Brendan, please will you let me know when you find out? I will be looking for your 'GOT IT' thread!!! Awww good luck, not long now!!!

I hope you dont mind me asking but where abouts in Oz does your sponsor/assurer live? And out of curiosity where are you headed and when are you planning to go? Sorry for the inquisition it gets the better of me!!

Thanks again I am really very glad to hear this!

Good Luck!!!!!!
Cheeky
hi cheeky,
my brother lives in south east brisbane in a small town called cleveland, we spent a month there last christmas and was gobsmacked from day 1. We have two children both girls aged 10 and 8, what a life for them. Australia has so much to offer that Britain don't, which is a shame but i think you have to do whats best for your family.
We are hoping to be there for this christmas, fingers crossed. We have already sold our house, all our belongings is in storage with the shippng company and we are renting on a week to week basis, so as soon as we here the visas are approved we will book those tickets.
As much as i am excited the waiting is driving me mad. if i had a penny for every time someone asked me "have youheard yet" i would have enough to pay for the flights! i guess life is on hold for all of us.
Anyway where you off to?

Brendan.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:53 pm
Cheeky

Hi Brendan,

Wow its all happening for you!! You must be on tenderhooks everytime the post arrives! It sounds like you are very organized though! Gosh it must be wierd thinking are you gonna be here next week or in Oz!

We are undecided, as of yet, as of were to settle in Oz. Our first choice was Brisbane, my aunty lives there in a place called Yamanto which I believe is in western Brisbane. But recently we had some family of my hubbys who migrated and they have gone to Perth and are living at a place called Lesmurdie. So we cant decide!! Although I do feel it is a nice dlemma to be in! We will be taking a trip once the visas have come through and hope when we go (never been to Oz before) this will make our minds up.

We have 2 children my daughter is 11 and my son is 8 so I am also thinking it will be a better life for them. Both my kids are sporty, especially my son so they should enjoy what Oz has to offer. They both enjoy swimming and would love to try all the water activities available. My son is a good little footballer although Im not sure how he will fair in Oz! My daughter is very academic so thinking along the lines of what the future holds, we are hoping Oz will have more to offer her than the town we currently live in the uk. My son is more practicle so he may want to learn a trade and again I think he has a better future in Oz.

Thanks for your post and I hope your visas arrive soon and let us know when they do!!!

Wishing you and your family the best of luck!!

Cheeky

Originally Posted by brendan_34_mids
hi cheeky,
my brother lives in south east brisbane in a small town called cleveland, we spent a month there last christmas and was gobsmacked from day 1. We have two children both girls aged 10 and 8, what a life for them. Australia has so much to offer that Britain don't, which is a shame but i think you have to do whats best for your family.
We are hoping to be there for this christmas, fingers crossed. We have already sold our house, all our belongings is in storage with the shippng company and we are renting on a week to week basis, so as soon as we here the visas are approved we will book those tickets.
As much as i am excited the waiting is driving me mad. if i had a penny for every time someone asked me "have youheard yet" i would have enough to pay for the flights! i guess life is on hold for all of us.
Anyway where you off to?

Brendan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.