Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AOS bond to Visa granted? Visa 139

AOS bond to Visa granted? Visa 139

Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Default AOS bond to Visa granted? Visa 139

To those of you that have been luck to get their visa granted recently, can you please tell me, in recent months, how long did it take from the AOS bond being lodged to the visa being granted?

Cheers
Jane
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:42 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default Re: AOS bond to Visa granted? Visa 139

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
To those of you that have been luck to get their visa granted recently, can you please tell me, in recent months, how long did it take from the AOS bond being lodged to the visa being granted?

Cheers
Jane
I'd be interested in the answer too, as we've applied for a 139 visa.

Good luck Jane
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Cheers
Jane

It was a couple of weeks or so at the most for us. The last stage seemed to go really quick after all the waiting. Mind you we're now stuck because the house hasn't sold yet!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by BillandAbby
It was a couple of weeks or so at the most for us. The last stage seemed to go really quick after all the waiting. Mind you we're now stuck because the house hasn't sold yet!
Hi Billy & Abby,

Thanks for the info. Our bond was paid 2 weeks past Thursday, I did email my CO at the time to let him know but I didn't get a reply.

I was thinking of given him a call but don't want to bug him and also I can't pronounce his name so I don't want to upset him either........lol

Hope you house sells soon.

Best Wishes
Jane
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:07 am
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

We're in a nightmare situation and would love to know... we've sold our house, quit our jobs, shipped our belongings, are sending the cats in a couple of days and our medicals expire at the end of the month.

Our sponsor has given in all relevant stuff to Centrelink but has not had a bond notification form yet so she can't lodge the bond - do you know how long this takes?

Once the money has been deposited do Centrelink tell immi straight away? Does the money have to clear first? How long does the case officer take to grant visas (she knows it's urgent)?

Can we then just go to London and pick the visa up straight away or does she have to send something from Australia to the UK?

Arghhhh (head explodes)!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Cheers
Jane
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
Jane
I can't remember exactly as I was told that I would not hear anything for a month but my visa was granted within a few days of the bond being lodged and a receipt (proof that bond had been paid) being received by DIMIA.

Good luck!

Sue
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ljk888
We're in a nightmare situation and would love to know... we've sold our house, quit our jobs, shipped our belongings, are sending the cats in a couple of days and our medicals expire at the end of the month.

Our sponsor has given in all relevant stuff to Centrelink but has not had a bond notification form yet so she can't lodge the bond - do you know how long this takes?

Once the money has been deposited do Centrelink tell immi straight away? Does the money have to clear first? How long does the case officer take to grant visas (she knows it's urgent)?

Can we then just go to London and pick the visa up straight away or does she have to send something from Australia to the UK?

Arghhhh (head explodes)!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
No this is where some people come unstuck and my agent (ist contact) were very specific on this. Once the bond has been lodged - the assuror gets a document from Commonwealth Bank. If you are using an agent get the assuror to scan and email this to you and the agent will email to DIMIA. Otherwise I presume you can email it yourself but do not rely on Centrelink to do this. You are nearly there and this bit is the very last and usually the fastest bit.

Sue

Sue
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:37 am
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

Thanks for that, have calmed down a little bit! How long did it take for your sponsor to get the bond notification form from Centrelink (after giving in all the relevant details of income etc)?

Once it's granted can you go and pick it up straight away?

Originally Posted by suebrennan
No this is where some people come unstuck and my agent (ist contact) were very specific on this. Once the bond has been lodged - the assuror gets a document from Commonwealth Bank. If you are using an agent get the assuror to scan and email this to you and the agent will email to DIMIA. Otherwise I presume you can email it yourself but do not rely on Centrelink to do this. You are nearly there and this bit is the very last and usually the fastest bit.

Sue

Sue
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, have calmed down a little bit! How long did it take for your sponsor to get the bond notification form from Centrelink (after giving in all the relevant details of income etc)?

Sorry I can't remember but it was days rather than weeks.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

You may want to have a scan through these threads:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394992 and
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397503

My assurer had their interview on the 18th Sept, having provided stacks of info up front. They have been told that Centrelink need to do a police check (which should take 2 weeks or so), and then they will be asked to lodge the bond.

Sue is right re. people coming unstuck (if you want to see an extreme case of this, have a look at JulieCabs' blog). Get a scanned copy of the acknowledgement certificate and e-mail to CO.

I plan to then follow up with a (polite) e-mail c. 1 or 2 weeks later enquiring if they need any further information.

As an aside - not sure I've heard of anyone else's assurer having to have a police check done on them! Anyone else had this?

SG