Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aos - bond question

Aos - bond question

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Aos - bond question

Hi everyone

Well after alot of being messed about by Aos I have a new Aos and centrelink have asked for the bond to be paid tomorrow.

Just wondered if anyone knows how soon after bond is paid will i get the visa. I need to validate in Dec or I'll have to re-do my medicals and police checks.

I've also just been told by my agent that my case officer has left and i will be assigned another one when my case needs acting on next.....great!

Thanks for the help in advance
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aos - bond question

Originally Posted by leedslad
Hi everyone

Well after alot of being messed about by Aos I have a new Aos and centrelink have asked for the bond to be paid tomorrow.

Just wondered if anyone knows how soon after bond is paid will i get the visa. I need to validate in Dec or I'll have to re-do my medicals and police checks.

I've also just been told by my agent that my case officer has left and i will be assigned another one when my case needs acting on next.....great!

Hi
If you are in a rush contact centre-link
(get your AOS to do it) tell them your time scale. Also contact your case officer they are there to help, our case officer was great.... good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 10:56 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by leedslad
Hi everyone

Our assurer paid the bond at the end of May and we received our visa grant on 4th July (also bearing in mind the quota issue) so I would imagine it won't be too long now. Good luck.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:02 am
Baba jo

the Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant future

we were only a couple of weeks. Paymt was done, week later assurer got letter confirming acceptance and another week after that we got visa. we though it was going to be a couple of months at least.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Thanks stressed out. I've told my agent to push my case officer, but i don't have one at the moment.

Poppet thanks for the reply. I'm hoping you're right!

Thanks the brady gang, even better!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:28 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi Leeds

Our bond was paid on the 19 May 2005 and visa was granted 6 July 2005 (1 month and 18 days according to time line), but we also had medical in the middle as we could not get medical until 24 May and it was sent to oz on the 1 June so that might have slowed it down

Good luck

Nicky