Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aol favourites and oz isp's

aol favourites and oz isp's

Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default aol favourites and oz isp's

I need some help i have a laptop i just purchased and am taking with me to oz, right now am using aol and plan to find another isp when i get over there but as i have used aol for so long i have so many favourites, how can i save them all and then add them to my new isp when i get there is there a method i use software or something that can do this as i would be lost without most of them and may find a few usefull.

also on the subject can anyone recommend good isp's in oz either pay as you go or monthly but i might use payg as i might not use it that much or if i do then i dont want to pay with credit card can anyone tell me whats best and what i need etc.

as said i only need it for 12 months maybe less.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:04 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: aol favourites and oz isp's

Originally posted by brian.w

also on the subject can anyone recommend good isp's in oz either pay as you go or monthly but i might use payg as i might not use it that much or if i do then i dont want to pay with credit card can anyone tell me whats best and what i need etc.

as said i only need it for 12 months maybe less.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=5
australian internet forum dialup channel
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I don't know AOL, but if the favourites are just regular bookmarked pages sign up for backflip.com which is a free online bookmark site.

When you've set it up instead of going to "Add to favourites" in your browser, you click on "Backflip it." You can then access your favourites on any machine that's connected to the web.

So, for your AOL situation you'd just visit all the pages in turn, click "backflip it" on each one and you're done.

If that's not what you meant by favourites then maybe someone else will find the info useful.

Cheers
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:47 pm
WBB

i'm not sure if AOhell works differently (it does with most things)

i use windows xp but this would be similar for other platforms.

my computer > C drive > Documents and settings > then your user name > favorites.

you can then select the ones you want to save and send them to a floppy or whatever you want to use.

hope this helps.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by WBB

my computer > C drive > Documents and settings > then your user name > favorites.

you can then select the ones you want to save and send them to a floppy or whatever you want to use.

hope this helps.

Bloodyhell WBB, this is far too technical for me. You had better be still browsing when I get my visa as I will be seeking your IT expertise
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:28 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default XP

If you're on XP then you could use the Documents and Settings export wizard... This will save 'em.

You should still have Internet Explorer on your PC unless you've specifically deleted it... Try opening it and seeing if the favourites automatically show up...

Gav
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB

hope this helps.
It depends if the user has been using AOLs own browser or IE. Does AOL still not give out POP3 accounts?

BTW I use www.swiftel.com.au for ADSL (fastish internet). No probs so far.