Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANZ everyday account.... opinions please!

ANZ everyday account.... opinions please!

Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default ANZ everyday account.... opinions please!

Hi Everyone

I know this has been done a 1000 times already, but banks and their services change. I've been searching through all the posts on banks etc and have just been on a comparison site. On checking out ANZ bank - their everyday account looks good (we'll have a lot of money to deposit initially, but not once we've bought a house if you know what i mean!). Can I have people's opinions on ANZ please before i start trying to open an account from the UK before we leave!

Thanking you in anticipation!

JJ
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANZ everyday account.... opinions please!

Heard good things about ANZ but if they hit you with bank charges for a credit balance and pay less than about 5.5% interest, then why bother with them? Go with HSBC instead.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:48 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi Everyone

I know this has been done a 1000 times already, but banks and their services change. I've been searching through all the posts on banks etc and have just been on a comparison site. On checking out ANZ bank - their everyday account looks good (we'll have a lot of money to deposit initially, but not once we've bought a house if you know what i mean!). Can I have people's opinions on ANZ please before i start trying to open an account from the UK before we leave!

Thanking you in anticipation!

JJ
I opened an ANZ before I left and deposited a very large sum of money in there before we left too. I now have three accounts with them and they are great...great service and are so helpful.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welshie
I opened an ANZ before I left and deposited a very large sum of money in there before we left too. I now have three accounts with them and they are great...great service and are so helpful.

I've heard such nightmare stories about hsbc which kind of puts me off a bit! I bank with them in the UK and have done for 10 yrs+, but comparing them on a website I found details of on here (can't think of it now!), ANZ appeared better with lower charges.

AArrghh!! I don't know why i worry anyway, as in situations like this I always give it plenty of thought, make a decision and then a few weeks/months down the line always end up saying, god i wish i'd gone with the other one!!!!

Thanks both!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JosieJ
I've heard such nightmare stories about hsbc which kind of puts me off a bit! I bank with them in the UK and have done for 10 yrs+, but comparing them on a website I found details of on here (can't think of it now!), ANZ appeared better with lower charges.

AArrghh!! I don't know why i worry anyway, as in situations like this I always give it plenty of thought, make a decision and then a few weeks/months down the line always end up saying, god i wish i'd gone with the other one!!!!

Thanks both!
anz is ok we are with them if you join hsbc you will never find there atm (cashpoint) :scared:
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie

have to agree, cant fault them at all. great service always, good interest rates to and if you have money in a savings account you dont get the monthly $5 bank charge some banks charge.