Anz?

Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Question Anz?

Hi,has anyone opened an account with anz from uk,I need some info please,cheers Dave
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:22 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anz?

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,has anyone opened an account with anz from uk,I need some info please,cheers Dave
Not ANZ, but i did open our HSBC account from over there. Really recommend you look them up... far better fees etc than any other bank I've yet come across.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have, what info do you need?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Yes I have, what info do you need?
Hi,thanks,when your account is opened do they call you or send you a letter with your details?Posted ours a couple of weeks ago so expect something back soon,cheers Dave
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,thanks,when your account is opened do they call you or send you a letter with your details?Posted ours a couple of weeks ago so expect something back soon,cheers Dave
Yep, they send you a letter.

Be aware though, they charge $5 per month on each account you open. If you don't end up going for 12 months it all adds up.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Be aware though, they charge $5 per month on each account you open. If you don't end up going for 12 months it all adds up.
Cheers,I was in my bank the other day here and they said they require a swift code to transfer money,is that on the letter?We are going in 5 weeks to Melbourne to live so the fee thing is not too bad,I was told as well if you take your mortgage through anz as well all bank charges and fees are waved!I will wait and see,thanks Dave
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:33 pm
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi I just sent off the form is the 5 AUD charge just until you start using the account or is it all the time? Do HSBC charge that amount?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben1
Hi I just sent off the form is the 5 AUD charge just until you start using the account or is it all the time? Do HSBC charge that amount?
Hi.I think it is $5 a month for all your transactions,atm withdrawls as long as they are from anz machines,check out their website,cheers Dave
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Open a HSBC Online Savings Account when you land in Oz - they have no monthly fees - can use the post office for counter transactions (free), EFPOS, 5 non-HSBC atms free per month - best to use cash back option when shopping etc.

Unless you have HSBC account already in the UK you cant open until you land - have tried all ways to get around it, even opening a UK account before hand does not guarantee they will introduce you to HSBC Oz.

You will need $2000 to open the account initially - but you can withdraw from there straight away.

Has got lots of awards in Oz as the best account (dont ask me for evidence - is on other threads).

We are opening account with westpac - then when we land will open HSBC online savings account (like a current account) and move all the money over there! Do not want to pay monthly charges for someone else to play with my money! Dont understand how sooo many banks in oz get away with it!

Paula
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

As soon as you open the account you get charged the fee

I have called them on the phone, but they wont budge!!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

tassiebound is an unknown quantity at this point

As soon as you open the account you get charged the fee

I have called them on the phone, but they wont budge!!
Yeah I tried the same having thought the account wasn't "active" until our ID was verified.

How can they justify a fee for unlimited withdrawals if you cant withdraw the money? Cheeky f***-wits.

If the fees aren't waived when we arrive then I'll tell 'em its an appalling way to start a business relationship and that they have lost £450,000 mortgage business.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tassiebound
Yeah I tried the same having thought the account wasn't "active" until our ID was verified.

How can they justify a fee for unlimited withdrawals if you cant withdraw the money? Cheeky f***-wits.

If the fees aren't waived when we arrive then I'll tell 'em its an appalling way to start a business relationship and that they have lost £450,000 mortgage business.
You can put some money into a savings account with them, they will then waiver the monthly fee. Not sure how much though, I need to look into it as I opened 4 accounts!!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Tiff Couch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Tiffany here from Westpac Migrant Banking.

We are able to open accounts for you before your arrival in Oz. You can start transferring money before you leave and once you complete an ID check ( just show your passport) at one of our branches you'll be able access your money, order atm cards, cheque books etc.
We offer you a package known as 'Westpac One'. This is a combination of a main/transaction account and a choice of one of two (or both if you wish) savings accounts. You can opt for the Westpac One Savers Account, this account offers 5.8% (this will increase to 6.05% on Aug 7th following recent int. rate increases). You must make one deposit each month and no withdrawals to be eligible and interest is paid on balances up to $250,000.
The other option is an on-line savers account called 'Maxi Direct'. Interest is tiered & depends on your balance with rates of up to 5.65% (increasing to 5.85% on 14th Aug). Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly with no capping. There are no limits on withdrawals or deposits.
There is an account keeping fee of $5.00 on the main transaction account with unlimited Westpac atm withdraws/cheques etc. The savings accounts are fee free. (You'll require a main account to access your savings account).
We can also assist you with credit card and home loan applications both before and after your arrival.
For more info visit our website www.westpac.com.au/migrantbanking or email me at [email protected]

Cheers

Tiffany
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We opened our account with ANZ from the UK, go to www.anz.com and follow the instructions. Once you have completed the online application, they will post to you your account number and branch details.

Upon arrival in Oz you turn up with your passport and maybe you might need your boarding pass to prove that you have been in the country less than six weeks, this will satisfy the 100 points system for ID.

They will then unlock the account there and then and you can withdraw any funds you have transferred previously.

We have found them really quick and easy to use and our account is charged $6 per month for unlimited access. Internet banking is also free.

Hope this helps

Claire
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

You can put some money into a savings account with them, they will then waiver the monthly fee. Not sure how much though, I need to look into it as I opened 4 accounts!!
We open ours 6 months before we arrived and were not $5 a month until we arrived...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.