Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Question Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Apart from the obvious like 'Next' and M+S knickers,is there anything that the u.k. has, that is unavailable and needed in Oz?

I mean 'anything' ....from kitchen utensils and household items that are not available that you would like to see there...through to services that are normal here in the u.k. that are just missing in Oz?
We are Perth bound and interested to know what, if anything,could do with being there...?
Lynn
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Have to say I am so pleased Next doesnt exist in Oz, I am sick and tired of people looking down their nose at me because they shop at Next and I shop at Matalan!!

Ah, feel better for a bit of a rant tonight, sorry Lynn, didnt mean to hijack your post.....
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:16 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

YES ME!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:18 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
Have to say I am so pleased Next doesnt exist in Oz, I am sick and tired of people looking down their nose at me because they shop at Next and I shop at Matalan!!

Ah, feel better for a bit of a rant tonight, sorry Lynn, didnt mean to hijack your post.....
You shop at Matalan !! paaa We shop at Next . How is it down there
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:18 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
You shop at Matalan !! paaa We shop at Next . How is it down there

Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:20 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Apart from the obvious like 'Next' and M+S knickers,is there anything that the u.k. has, that is unavailable and needed in Oz?

I mean 'anything' ....from kitchen utensils and household items that are not available that you would like to see there...through to services that are normal here in the u.k. that are just missing in Oz?
We are Perth bound and interested to know what, if anything,could do with being there...?
Lynn
I hear they don't have Argos and I do like me Argos!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:20 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lor
YES ME!
That's what I was going to say. Feeling a bit cheeky tonight

I would like to see internet food shopping out in Rockingham.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:21 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha! I wonder if Boden and Mini-Boden will ship to Oz? It's my fave although hubby is disgusted with me for it!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:22 pm

All my next stuff has a little red dot on the label from the sale
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I used to shop at both. I love a good matalan bargain. Nightie for £3 in Matalan can't beat it with a big stick I have also got a couple of nice outfits in Next too, not such a bargain though.

Katie
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:25 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

All my next stuff has a little red dot on the label from the sale

OOOOH mine too!! NEXT TO NOTHING!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:27 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but you can't beat Matalan - actually take that back, Primark is maybe slightly better!! Their underwear is fantastic (and cheap!!).
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Sorry I forgot to answer the queation - twiglets and dime bars I reckon. Not that I am obsessed with snack food.

Katie
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by tygwyn
OOOOH mine too!! NEXT TO NOTHING!!
All Hail the Sale
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:31 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

All Hail the Sale

I agree. On a totally serious note is Elizabeth Arden available in Oz?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.