Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:37 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anything missing from Oz that the u.k. could bring?

Well, I'm actually going to miss Tesco. My local one is an extra, open 24 hours (not that I use that but it's nice to be able to if you need to), with a wonderful selection of clothes and household, as well as food. It's extending at present and is going to include an optician and more non-food items. I like their lines, and they've always been good for us. As I practically buy everything there, I'm sad they've not reached Oz yet. Although I think they've got as far as Malaysia?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:44 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Well, I'm actually going to miss Tesco. My local one is an extra, open 24 hours (not that I use that but it's nice to be able to if you need to), with a wonderful selection of clothes and household, as well as food. It's extending at present and is going to include an optician and more non-food items. I like their lines, and they've always been good for us. As I practically buy everything there, I'm sad they've not reached Oz yet. Although I think they've got as far as Malaysia?
There are 24 hour supermarkets in oz. I think you will find what you want in them and big w, kmart etc
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:47 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Been thinkin hard (yes it hurt ) But cant think of anything that i will want in aus that is here other than the odd food item but hey !
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:24 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Sorry I forgot to answer the queation - twiglets and dime bars I reckon. Not that I am obsessed with snack food.

Katie
Katie,

If you go to Ikea they do dime bars...well they are called something different but look the same!

spalens wife
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

i will bring my smiley face!!!! hope thats enough
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
I hear they don't have Argos and I do like me Argos!
me too, have you seen the new big one???!!!! :scared:

WOW!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Ha ha! I wonder if Boden and Mini-Boden will ship to Oz? It's my fave although hubby is disgusted with me for it!
I've ordered a few things from Boden- shipping is quick but expensive, but they are sent VAT free, so it evens out.
Still the cost of UK clothes compared to Oz clothes is :scared:
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:52 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Apart from the obvious like 'Next' and M+S knickers,is there anything that the u.k. has, that is unavailable and needed in Oz?

I mean 'anything' ....from kitchen utensils and household items that are not available that you would like to see there...through to services that are normal here in the u.k. that are just missing in Oz?
We are Perth bound and interested to know what, if anything,could do with being there...?
Lynn
.... UPVC windows/ doors now there's an opportunity for someone.... especially in the cooler states
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I often think about this. Would love to get hold of a product or concept thats very new in UK yet successful, and be the one to introduce it to Aus and make a fortune!

On second thoughts, i'll just buy a lottery ticket

So come on guys. What new things or ideas are happening up there?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:01 am
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Apart from the obvious like 'Next' and M+S knickers,is there anything that the u.k. has, that is unavailable and needed in Oz?

I mean 'anything' ....from kitchen utensils and household items that are not available that you would like to see there...through to services that are normal here in the u.k. that are just missing in Oz?
We are Perth bound and interested to know what, if anything,could do with being there...?
Lynn

Only thing I can think of that is missing from Australia, is ME

God I could really do with being there, raining here and very late
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

The NHS,

And decent diesel cars
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

A good Indian or Chinese takaway

Booze in the supermarket

Decent maternity care

In that order please
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RReed
A good Indian or Chinese takaway

Booze in the supermarket

Decent maternity care

In that order please
I managed to find a good curry place finally in Fitzroy, Melbourne. But they still can't make anything hotter than a Vindaloo
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Kangablue is an unknown quantity at this point

British supermarkets. The ones in Sydney are dreadfull. I find the Supermarkets a poor relative to the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's or Waitrose in terms of size, enviroment (some are scruffy) and bargains. Not so much of your old buy two get one free or good quality own brand names. However, there are some great independent green grocers, fish mongers and butchers.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dshole
I managed to find a good curry place finally in Fitzroy, Melbourne. But they still can't make anything hotter than a Vindaloo

Don't know about you guys, but the fact you rarely see an Indian working in the curry houses detracts from the experience for me. Most places i have been to in Aus or NZ have white, blonde, young girls working there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.