Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

Just interested in anyones stories about heading to oz 2nd time round????
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

hi sutty,how are you well we have had our house on the market for 7 weeks now we had 1 silly offer way below the asking price even the estate agent told them no before they had even spoke to me,houses are selling around here its just the bloody waiting game,im gonna ring another estate agent up in a couple of weeks and go from there,we only have just over 8 months left now so things are not looking good,we had a viewing on sunday the lady seemed to like it but you just dont know and im not even gonna bother to ring the estate agents up for feed back,i know that if they are interested they will ring,anyway hows things been with you at least you have still got time on yr visa,i just seem to be counting down the weeks and they are going so bloody fast,i so regret coming back the second time round and its hard cos there is nothing i can do about it unless a bloody miracle happened kerrie.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kericare
hi sutty,how are you well we have had our house on the market for 7 weeks now we had 1 silly offer way below the asking price even the estate agent told them no before they had even spoke to me,houses are selling around here its just the bloody waiting game,im gonna ring another estate agent up in a couple of weeks and go from there,we only have just over 8 months left now so things are not looking good,we had a viewing on sunday the lady seemed to like it but you just dont know and im not even gonna bother to ring the estate agents up for feed back,i know that if they are interested they will ring,anyway hows things been with you at least you have still got time on yr visa,i just seem to be counting down the weeks and they are going so bloody fast,i so regret coming back the second time round and its hard cos there is nothing i can do about it unless a bloody miracle happened kerrie.
Same here! A BLOODY MIRICLE. thats what i need. Still trying to persuade the hubby, but not having much luck. Where are you wanting to head back to? And how old are your kids again?? You prob already told me this lol. And where are you living now?

Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

hi sutty,yes thats what we both need a bloody miracle we have 4 kids nearly 14,12 and twins who will be 7 sept,were hoping to go back to perth i have heard its got really expensive over there well they say all of oz,its the same everywhere i think though.we live in kent were not near a town were about 10mins drive from it so out in the country its a really nice area were we live and we live in a close.we have been back 2 yrs next monday and we stayed in a caravan in a holiday sight before we brought big mistake but we didnt know that we would be wanting to go back again how things change eh,and in a couple of weeks were going back down the caravan for a holiday with the kids,its funny cos when we came back we were there and now were wanting to go back to oz were going back there for a holiday i need it just to get away with the kids so have got that to look forward to,who knows what will happen if only i would have had a crystal ball lol,so whats been happening yr end kerrie.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, moved back to Australia for a second time from Yorkshire in April

We are in suburban Sydney at the moment as this is where I picked up work before leaving the UK. Over the coming year we are making plans to move out of Sydney for a more peaceful life, probably down the Illawarra coast.

Happy to be back, even though the winter nights are cold inside the house you really cannot beat the climate

Went for a walk around Mosman Bay to Cremorne Point the other weekend, fantastic, sun shining on the harbour, felt warm in the winter sun, good times.

Last edited by Jon77; Jul 11th 2011 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

hi sutty,yes thats what we both need a bloody miracle we have 4 kids nearly 14,12 and twins who will be 7 sept,were hoping to go back to perth i have heard its got really expensive over there well they say all of oz,its the same everywhere i think though.we live in kent were not near a town were about 10mins drive from it so out in the country its a really nice area were we live and we live in a close.we have been back 2 yrs next monday and we stayed in a caravan in a holiday sight before we brought big mistake but we didnt know that we would be wanting to go back again how things change eh,and in a couple of weeks were going back down the caravan for a holiday with the kids,its funny cos when we came back we were there and now were wanting to go back to oz were going back there for a holiday i need it just to get away with the kids so have got that to look forward to,who knows what will happen if only i would have had a crystal ball lol,so whats been happening yr end kerrie.
I got 3 girls, 14, 12 and 3. So same ages really. How do they feel about going back again?? My girls said they would go back, its just the hubby. Not much happening this end, just keep trying to talk to the hubby but need to be careful not to push it lol . Its the financial side of it too for us as we are renting at the mo, sold our house last year but lost most of our equity on it due to selling for alot less then we intended so financially if we do go back we only have what we can save.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

hi sutty i know what you mean about the money if we do sell we will have some money to go with but not like we did the first time obviously as we had a lot more then and they say that its gone really expensive over there,the twins dont really understand we dont say too much to them about it,the boys havent said a lot but do know that if we sell were going back,i do worry about them as they are getting that older especially the 1 that will be 14 in september.it is really hard as we have been back for 2 yrs now and the bos have grown up and changed a lot,i do wonder what it would do and how they would feel about it all again we do talk to them about things over there and they havent said that they dont want to go back,i have said to them though that obviously if the house doesnt sell that would be it.i tell you what though it would be bloody lovely to win that euro lol,even a few hundred thousand would do me ha ha,i just so wish i had of stuck it out my husband said to me i never listened and it was me wanting to come back and i feel so guilty and blame myself for it cos i know that if we sold this would be it this time and theres no coming back,i worry if he doesnt get work over there but he is still in contact with the people he used to work with ,and they no the situation with the house i think what will be will be at the end of the day maybe ive had my chances and thats it.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

hi sutty i know what you mean about the money if we do sell we will have some money to go with but not like we did the first time obviously as we had a lot more then and they say that its gone really expensive over there,the twins dont really understand we dont say too much to them about it,the boys havent said a lot but do know that if we sell were going back,i do worry about them as they are getting that older especially the 1 that will be 14 in september.it is really hard as we have been back for 2 yrs now and the bos have grown up and changed a lot,i do wonder what it would do and how they would feel about it all again we do talk to them about things over there and they havent said that they dont want to go back,i have said to them though that obviously if the house doesnt sell that would be it.i tell you what though it would be bloody lovely to win that euro lol,even a few hundred thousand would do me ha ha,i just so wish i had of stuck it out my husband said to me i never listened and it was me wanting to come back and i feel so guilty and blame myself for it cos i know that if we sold this would be it this time and theres no coming back,i worry if he doesnt get work over there but he is still in contact with the people he used to work with ,and they no the situation with the house i think what will be will be at the end of the day maybe ive had my chances and thats it.
I know exactly how you feel, i really do. I cry all the time thinking about it. I cry thinking about that we shouldnt have come back and stuck it out, i cry that we could have a second chance and i would do things so very different this time. My girls are ok about going back but i do worry how it will effect them. Its just so hard coz my husband is the type of man that would do anything for me, but he just wont budge on this.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

i know exactly how you feel too apart from yr hubby,but saying that mine is like that a bit too only cos we had done it twice before,i have cried everyday for the past few months now and i dont think i will ever get over i what i have done by coming back and as time goes on i get worse we have had arguments about everything with it all and the kids have seen me cry which i know i shouldnt cry infront of them but at times its so hard not to,cos i look at them knowing what i have done i just hope our house sells only time will tell and time is what we havent got,i will let you know how things go if you want to pm me anytime do take care.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

i know exactly how you feel too apart from yr hubby,but saying that mine is like that a bit too only cos we had done it twice before,i have cried everyday for the past few months now and i dont think i will ever get over i what i have done by coming back and as time goes on i get worse we have had arguments about everything with it all and the kids have seen me cry which i know i shouldnt cry infront of them but at times its so hard not to,cos i look at them knowing what i have done i just hope our house sells only time will tell and time is what we havent got,i will let you know how things go if you want to pm me anytime do take care.
I think you should stop beating yourself up about it, the decision you made was correct at the time.

If you have already given Australia a go twice then there is probably an argument that it isn't for you and there is nothing wrong with that. If on the other hand you are determined then is there no possibility you could move without selling the house. Not my preference either, but we did it and it is nt as bad as we thought.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I think you should stop beating yourself up about it, the decision you made was correct at the time.

If you have already given Australia a go twice then there is probably an argument that it isn't for you and there is nothing wrong with that. If on the other hand you are determined then is there no possibility you could move without selling the house. Not my preference either, but we did it and it is nt as bad as we thought.
hi thanks for the reply i know we had done it twice but i know i didnt give it long enough as i have said in other posts i came back for the wrong reasons mainly because i wanted to come back i wasnt thinking of my hubby and the kids and i was very selfish as it was me both times,i now know that i made 2 huge big mistakes especially the second time,and now we have bought i feel there is no hope,we spoke to someone about getting the money out of the house and renting it but we cant even do that as they have said that our mortgage payments wouldnt cover the rent,so theres no hope for that,i just dont no what else to do now we have just under 4 weeks left with this estate agent then were going with another one,see what happens we have already been told by 2 estate agents that we are in the right price for what we have got our house up for they are selling in our area.i just so regret buying when we should have rented but at that time no one knows what will happen and that things change we dont have much time left either,it really has peed me off to say the least when we have put all our money in this house and cant even rent it out,time is going fast and i feel that time will run out,they say whats meant to be is meant to be i so wish i had listened to my husband but i didnt and im gonna blame myself for that and what i have done,i feel everything is a mess and i messed up big time.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:23 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Uk house prices supposedly falling for 5 yrs slowly..hmm
I guess there is only so much change your hubby may be able to take..
Grass aint that greener here
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

hi thanks for the reply i know we had done it twice but i know i didnt give it long enough as i have said in other posts i came back for the wrong reasons mainly because i wanted to come back i wasnt thinking of my hubby and the kids and i was very selfish as it was me both times,i now know that i made 2 huge big mistakes especially the second time,and now we have bought i feel there is no hope,we spoke to someone about getting the money out of the house and renting it but we cant even do that as they have said that our mortgage payments wouldnt cover the rent,so theres no hope for that,i just dont no what else to do now we have just under 4 weeks left with this estate agent then were going with another one,see what happens we have already been told by 2 estate agents that we are in the right price for what we have got our house up for they are selling in our area.i just so regret buying when we should have rented but at that time no one knows what will happen and that things change we dont have much time left either,it really has peed me off to say the least when we have put all our money in this house and cant even rent it out,time is going fast and i feel that time will run out,they say whats meant to be is meant to be i so wish i had listened to my husband but i didnt and im gonna blame myself for that and what i have done,i feel everything is a mess and i messed up big time.
I am going to persevere.

So what counts as giving it long enough and what are the wrong reasons for returning to UK? Your reasons are your reasons and who is to say that they are the wrong ones. Your reasons were right for you at that time. Similarly there is no rule about how long is enough time and accordingly how can you have nbot give it long "enough" ... because there are no rules about what is enough?

I really feel you are beating yourself up about something that quite clearly did not work for you ... because maybe you feel like it should have worked. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If it was right for you, then you would not have decided to return. To me, the fact that you tried it twice and returned twice indicate that this is not right for you. There is no magic here, you are not missing out. I think you should get on with your life in the UK.

However... if you are determined to give it a third go then yes well my rental income has not covered my mortgage repayments either, but it does not mean that it is not do-able. I have to subsidise my mortgage payments, in the long run I believe that it makes more sense than selling at a huge loss, I am after all paying off my debt. Don't rule out renting on the ground that it might not cover mortgage.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:40 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Yep, moved back to Australia for a second time from Yorkshire in April

We are in suburban Sydney at the moment as this is where I picked up work before leaving the UK. Over the coming year we are making plans to move out of Sydney for a more peaceful life, probably down the Illawarra coast.

Happy to be back, even though the winter nights are cold inside the house you really cannot beat the climate

Went for a walk around Mosman Bay to Cremorne Point the other weekend, fantastic, sun shining on the harbour, felt warm in the winter sun, good times.
Thats what we have done, moved from Seaforth down to Bulli for a complete sea change and has been the best thing we could ever have done! Top times!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:41 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sutty77
Just interested in anyones stories about heading to oz 2nd time round????
Hope its infinitely better than your last time!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.