Reload this Page >

Anyone working in Substations or on HV equipment

Anyone working in Substations or on HV equipment

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

donkey polly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone working in Substations or on HV equipment

Originally Posted by darren k
I'm already out here and spoke to Energex at the London expo in November, got my visa and spoke to them again and they said that they would be very interested once I get my License but it's becoming a right arse ache to get but i'm sure i'll get there eventually. Applied for loads of jobs with power companies but no one really wants to know before the license
Thats a bugger about the license. I knew a guy had the same trouble way back in 1989, but I thought that was a thing of the past, he gave up and went back to UK. I'm surprised Energex won't just take you on and help you through it, after all thats what they're doing to me and lots of others, I can't see why they would n't.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

darren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by donkey polly
Thats a bugger about the license. I knew a guy had the same trouble way back in 1989, but I thought that was a thing of the past, he gave up and went back to UK. I'm surprised Energex won't just take you on and help you through it, after all thats what they're doing to me and lots of others, I can't see why they would n't.
Tell me about it, So far I haven't cost them a penny as done it of my own back and just need this license but I'm sure I will get it and the job offers will come flying in
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

donkey polly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by darren k
Tell me about it, So far I haven't cost them a penny as done it of my own back and just need this license but I'm sure I will get it and the job offers will come flying in
Well I got my visa through today ! wehay. I'm looking at flying into Melbourne around easter, then driving up to Bris with the Oz girlfriend to rent a house. I understand they get snapped up pretty quick. I'm going to be based at Energex Greenslopes, I have been there before but not sure what the place is like to live. Would you happen to know the area at all ? The girlfriend has just got a job at Uni of Q, so thats nearby to G'slopes. I must admit we've been very fortunate in the process so far.......... touch wood .