Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone watch a new life downunder

anyone watch a new life downunder

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:05 pm
WBB

Arrow anyone watch a new life downunder

pretty normal family this week, the dad was a bit of a wet blanket but he was making a go of it and it seemed to turn out OK for them in the end.

i liked the look of the perth beaches and the houses looked very nice.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone watch a new life downunder

Originally posted by welshboybilly
pretty normal family this week, the dad was a bit of a wet blanket but he was making a go of it and it seemed to turn out OK for them in the end.

i liked the look of the perth beaches and the houses lookes very nice.
Hi Wbb
yep, we just watched it, looks nice doesnt' it? thought the family were strong enough to make it work, sure over the next few years the lad will change his mind and want to stay, hes been through alot in his young life and his hormones are all over the place at 13!
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:08 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I take my hat off to that man. It must have been very hard making the decision to leave England and all the memories that he had with his wife there. I wish him and his children all the luck in world.

Sarah
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:08 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by welshboybilly

i liked the look of the perth beaches and the houses looked very nice.
Think washboywilly sounds even better.

Glued to it for the last hour 'cos Perth is where we are heading.
Just wish the prog would show a bit more of what's around so we can shout at the TV 'I've been there'

Jill

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:10 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Think washboywilly sounds even better.

Glued to it for the last hour 'cos Perth is where we are heading.
Just wish the prog would show a bit more of what's around so we can shout at the TV 'I've been there'

Jill
PS . thought the lad was quite in tune with himself. Nice family and good luck to them....shed a tear or two, well I am a girl

Jill

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:11 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! !!!!!!!!

I forgot to record it!!!

My other half works nights and I normally record it and we watch it on Fridays but tonight I forgot.....he's not gonna be a happy bunny when he comes home in the morning....oops :scared: ....I'm in trouble..
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

jscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice family - good luck to them. Glad i'm not the only one with the tissues!!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:14 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Two 'nice' families in two weeks... It was nice to see it from a dads perspective. Ok so he was now an enforced single parent but appeared to be doing well. The kids weren't surley or rude, unlike a couple of episodes, and when his son told him how he felt the dad addressed this instead of ignoring him. I agree that Perth seems great for water sports and the houses aren't bad either. Wouldn't drive a boat without checking the changing water depths tho!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:15 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to them.He actually(the father)seemed the first adult to totally embrace the country -not one complaint.Better the visas go to him and his family then some of the other familys that featured prior to last week.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Good luck and fair play to them, must be hard losing someone in your family esp Mum....

enjoyed the programme, but hey does that guy narrating go on about things going wrong!!!

T xx
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:20 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

but hey does that guy narrating go on about things going wrong!!!
lol
YES
WBB

Originally posted by artep
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! !!!!!!!!

I forgot to record it!!!

My other half works nights and I normally record it and we watch it on Fridays but tonight I forgot.....he's not gonna be a happy bunny when he comes home in the morning....oops :scared: ....I'm in trouble..
i think it is repeated at some point in the week, all the same though you are right in the brown stuff.

So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Two 'nice' families in two weeks... It was nice to see it from a dads perspective. Ok so he was now an enforced single parent but appeared to be doing well. The kids weren't surley or rude, unlike a couple of episodes, and when his son told him how he felt the dad addressed this instead of ignoring him. I agree that Perth seems great for water sports and the houses aren't bad either. Wouldn't drive a boat without checking the changing water depths tho!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:22 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Hats off to the bloke! It's not easy raising two hormonal kids, let alone take them to another country. Also, he didn't sit around after his wife died, he tried to get on with his life and put on a brave face for the kids.

Next weeks couple don't look like they're going to have such a good time, though!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:23 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Asked this on the other thread - do you reckon the last two programmes have been re edited to show a more balanced view after all the flack that was bandied about after the first few?

and yes, that narrator is soooooooo depressing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.