Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Hi anyone & everyone!!!!
We 'the big WE' are coming over to visit Perth (9 of us!) on 5th Feb.....for 3 weeks.....I've been chatting to another member 'Lisa' on here who is also travelling out with hubby and little boy. I have 2 boys, age 5 & 7 yrs, our friends who are coming with us have 2 girls 6 & 7yrs. We are staying in Sorrento and would love to meet up with any expats over there or anyone going out at the same time to swap tales etc...etc...!!!

any ideas on when or where????? maybe weekend 11th/12th Feb????
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi anyone & everyone!!!!
We 'the big WE' are coming over to visit Perth (9 of us!) on 5th Feb.....for 3 weeks.....I've been chatting to another member 'Lisa' on here who is also travelling out with hubby and little boy. I have 2 boys, age 5 & 7 yrs, our friends who are coming with us have 2 girls 6 & 7yrs. We are staying in Sorrento and would love to meet up with any expats over there or anyone going out at the same time to swap tales etc...etc...!!!

any ideas on when or where????? maybe weekend 11th/12th Feb????
Hi Becky

We'll be there.
Doing a recci so could do with getting some 1st hand knowledge or swapping ideas and info.
Cant wait. Getting really excited now.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Re: Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi Becky

We'll be there.
Doing a recci so could do with getting some 1st hand knowledge or swapping ideas and info.
Cant wait. Getting really excited now.

GREAT!!!!
that's one of you at least then!!!.....come on everyone where are you?????
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Is there anyone living in Perth that would meet up with us?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Our visa was granted today, and we might be out there by the middle of Feb. All depends on the house sale . We will be staying around the Sorrento/Hillarys area and would love to meet up with you all (if we're there in time).
TJ

ps WE are me, hubby, and 2 girls aged 5 and 8
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Our visa was granted today, and we might be out there by the middle of Feb. All depends on the house sale . We will be staying around the Sorrento/Hillarys area and would love to meet up with you all (if we're there in time).
TJ

ps WE are me, hubby, and 2 girls aged 5 and 8
Hi!
nice to hear from you.....Congratulations on getting your visa!
Have you been out before?.......Keep in touch and let us know how things are going, I'll pm you with contact details nearer the time. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks ( Fri 4th Feb).

Are you going out for good or just to visit?????.....your girls are the same age as my boys and same age as our friends girls, so meeting up would be great for the kids too.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi!
nice to hear from you.....Congratulations on getting your visa!
Have you been out before?.......Keep in touch and let us know how things are going, I'll pm you with contact details nearer the time. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks ( Fri 4th Feb).

Are you going out for good or just to visit?????.....your girls are the same age as my boys and same age as our friends girls, so meeting up would be great for the kids too.
We're going for good :scared: . We went for our reccie in December are really loved Perth. We felt very at home as soon as we arrived, the relaxed pace, sunshine and friendly locals helped with that!

We're hoping to get a rental around the Hillarys, Padbury, Sorrento area as we really loved it there and is still close enough to the City for hubby's work.
Hopefully our house will be sold soon which will remove a bit of the stress of moving .

If we don't get to meet in Feb, then maybe we'll have a chance when you go for good .
TJ
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice
Talking Re: Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Well done on getting the visa guys, I am green with envy!
Maybe we can all go to the carine tavern for dinner in a few months if we ever get hours!
Karen
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

We would be happy to meet you, we have been here 3 months, I'm sure there will be others who are around.

We have a meet on a Thursday at Hillarys Dome Cafe 12.30 each week so you could catch us there, but I'm sure something else can be arranged. I will talk with some of the other expat friends I know.

Nicola
Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
We would be happy to meet you, we have been here 3 months, I'm sure there will be others who are around.

We have a meet on a Thursday at Hillarys Dome Cafe 12.30 each week so you could catch us there, but I'm sure something else can be arranged. I will talk with some of the other expat friends I know.

Nicola

Thanks...that's an idea, are not people not working during the week though?....or is it a ladies lunch!!!???lol

it would be great to meet up.....so we can share stories and help us make the 'BIG' decision!

Keep in touch if you speak to anyone
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

How about meeting the weekend of 11/12 outsie somewhere so all the families could come along? Maybe a park somewhere so the kids can run around while we all have a good chat or maybe even a bbq or picnic or something. What do people think? Don't know the area though so cant make a suggestion.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry that was meant to say 11/12th Feb somewhere outside......
Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Anyone want to meet up in Perth area between 6th & 18th Feb?

Originally Posted by LisaT
Sorry that was meant to say 11/12th Feb somewhere outside......

Hi there...
yes I was thinking the same. Outside would be a good idea, otherwise we're a bit restricted with all the kids in tow!!

anyone know anywhere????
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Western Power pl;ayground Kings Park is good, kids can play and quite alot of space, BBQ facilities if you want. We've met there before, lots of parking too. Nicola
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
Western Power pl;ayground Kings Park is good, kids can play and quite alot of space, BBQ facilities if you want. We've met there before, lots of parking too. Nicola

Hi

That's sounds great.
Could you speak to the other expats and see which day and time would be good for you guys. When we get there we'll find where it is?

Which suburb is it near or in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.