Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone want to meet up in perth?

anyone want to meet up in perth?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

emsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant future
Smile anyone want to meet up in perth?

Hi have just moved here in February. I have 2 children, boy aged 3 and girl aged 1. Am finding it hard to meet other people with similar aged children in my area. I live in Piara Waters (south Perth) and would love to arrange any meet ups. Husband has just started work and I am a stay at home mum for the moment!!! I am 34 years old and am loving it here but thought it was about time to make some friends!!!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone want to meet up in perth?

im a bit further south than you in australind and work full time but always looking to meet new friends (and have 16 year old daughter who is good for baby sitting!)
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

A bit further away - still in Scotland but hope to be in or around Leeming at the end of July! Will be more than happy to meet up as I too will be a stay at home mum with a little boy who will be 1 when we get there.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi i live in cockburn which is south perth not sure where you are

i am near leeming though !!!

i have a 5 yr old boy and a 3 yr old girl who are always up for new playmates

i am too a stay at home mum
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I'll bookmark this thread and get in touch when we are settled!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

How is everything coming along Kingseat?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowly very stressful. Lawyer breathing down our neck to finalise house sale but visas not through yet....should be this week. I just can't concentrate on anything else at the moment.

What about you? How are things?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

Yes coming along slowly. Meds and PCC done last week, so on the final straight. Hopefully meds are ok, and we progress quickly. We have SS with WA so when we get there eventually, a cool beer and a bleather in the sunshine.

How long did it take to sell your home? We are not sure when to stick the house on the market.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

emsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant futureemsy has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

Great to hear from you all. Bit of a newbie on this forum!!!

Cockburn/Leeming is not far from me...I think!!! my area is around Forrestdale/Canning Vale. Will have to check where Australind is, but everything seems within half an hour away!!!

For you guys that are still in the UK I really feel for you. I remember how stressful it was selling our house as we were getting close to the deadline of having to validate our visa!! Have to say though once we got here we had a nice rest and it was worth all the stress!Will deff have to meet for coffee once you've come over and got yourselves settled.

daunted and hitchcock71 would love to meet up for coffee or something. Any ideas? Would have to be somewhere my little monkeys can run around!! ha ha
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

We were under offer in 8 days which was a bit quick! We didn't expect to go to Aus until September but everything has been brought forward.

We're also looking at Canning Vale - some lovely big houses there!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

We were under offer in 8 days
WOW. That is magic these days. Hopefully the market is picking up and ours goes as quick.

We're also looking at Canning Vale
We have looked in that general are too. Lots of 4x2 new builds for about $350k which is really good. Some people hate them, however, my wife and I can't wait to build or get built our new home.... with pool of course!!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys

There are a lot of new estates being built up in my area at the moment so there is loads of variety!! Packages that include land and a house for about $350k are normally cottage plots that are slightly smaller, the bigger houses are normally about $500k+ depending on where you want to live. When you come over there are loads of show home areas anyway so I'm sure you will have a good look around and decide where to live. Any idea where you guys are going to be renting? We were kind of lucky, as we came over and have been staying with my brother-in-law. The estate we are in is really nice but not sure we can afford to build here!!!

My husband's a mechanic and got a job really easily...the credit crunch doesn't seem to be as bad over here at the moment!! Anyway, any advice you want just ask.........good luck
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:58 am
Just Joined

mspeckels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emsy
Hi guys

There are a lot of new estates being built up in my area at the moment so there is loads of variety!! Packages that include land and a house for about $350k are normally cottage plots that are slightly smaller, the bigger houses are normally about $500k+ depending on where you want to live. When you come over there are loads of show home areas anyway so I'm sure you will have a good look around and decide where to live. Any idea where you guys are going to be renting? We were kind of lucky, as we came over and have been staying with my brother-in-law. The estate we are in is really nice but not sure we can afford to build here!!!

My husband's a mechanic and got a job really easily...the credit crunch doesn't seem to be as bad over here at the moment!! Anyway, any advice you want just ask.........good luck
Hi there! My partner and I will be moving to Perth on 01.08.09 and are looking for temporary accommodation. He will be working in O'Connor near Fremantle so will need a place nearby. ... Any ideas?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

mspeckels is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 29, teacher, from Germany originally. My partner is 26 (BRitish). Will be emmigrating to Perth in AUgust 1st 09. Looking forward to it but there is so much more to organise here first - living in Scotland since three years. Would love to meet people... My partner's work is in O'Connor near Fremantle so will be likely to stay South of Perth. Haven't got temporary accommodation yet.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mspeckels
I'm 29, teacher, from Germany originally. My partner is 26 (BRitish). Will be emmigrating to Perth in AUgust 1st 09. Looking forward to it but there is so much more to organise here first - living in Scotland since three years. Would love to meet people... My partner's work is in O'Connor near Fremantle so will be likely to stay South of Perth. Haven't got temporary accommodation yet.
try areas like bull creek ,leaming willagee even yangebup, beelier ,success coogee for places to live nr hubbys work - also good for freo and perth cbd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.