Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone visiting sydney quarantine soon

anyone visiting sydney quarantine soon

Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile anyone visiting sydney quarantine soon

hi everyone just wandered if anyone is visiting the dog quarantine in sydney soon cause my lovely doggie has arrived, phoned yesterday to see how he is doing and the girl whos looking after him said he arrived ok but is really really nervous! poor dog really feel for him, no wonder hes nervous he is so spoilt at home, even had his own bed!LOL proberly feels we've abandoned him. So if anyone is visiting the kennels give Louie labrador cross a big cuddle frome. Hes only got another 26 days to go and then we will be out there! thanks Jo x u
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone visiting sydney quarantine soon

Originally Posted by joanneS
hi everyone just wandered if anyone is visiting the dog quarantine in sydney soon cause my lovely doggie has arrived, phoned yesterday to see how he is doing and the girl whos looking after him said he arrived ok but is really really nervous! poor dog really feel for him, no wonder hes nervous he is so spoilt at home, even had his own bed!LOL proberly feels we've abandoned him. So if anyone is visiting the kennels give Louie labrador cross a big cuddle frome. Hes only got another 26 days to go and then we will be out there! thanks Jo x u

I hadn't though about us being able to visit each others' dogs! Ours will be there in April and we won't be able to visit much as we'll be a few hours away. Would be great to think that someone else might be able to go and make a fuss of him! Hope yours is ok- I expect he'll settle down in a few days. Just think how excited he'll be when you pick him up!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
I hadn't though about us being able to visit each others' dogs! Ours will be there in April and we won't be able to visit much as we'll be a few hours away. Would be great to think that someone else might be able to go and make a fuss of him! Hope yours is ok- I expect he'll settle down in a few days. Just think how excited he'll be when you pick him up!
Its best not to visit anyway if its only occasional. They told us it upsets the dogs too much if you do. Feels like your abandoning them again each time.

Wouldnt think you would be able to visit anyone elses either. Its not like a normal dog kennel, they bring pets to you you are not allowed to wander among them.

Jo
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by joho
Its best not to visit anyway if its only occasional. They told us it upsets the dogs too much if you do. Feels like your abandoning them again each time.
We visited our dog twice a week, as we weren't too far away and the girl who looked after him said he was much better after we visited, as he is a weimaraner, and prone to separation anxiety!!! Worked for us, but we all know our own dogs, so I don't think its right or wrong to visit/ not visit, just down to personal preference, logistics, and what you are advised by whoever looks after them [IMO]

Wouldnt think you would be able to visit anyone elses either. Its not like a normal dog kennel, they bring pets to you you are not allowed to wander among them.
We had to sign to say that we understood the rules, which included you only visited your own animal, and didn't fuss/ pet others etc.
Jo
Our dog was ok once we got him home, although I got upset everytime I visited!!! They seem to care about the animals, and look after them well enough. There are so many dogs in there though, it makes you feel a bit better knowing that lots of people are experiencing the same emotions!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho

Jo

I think that our mid-quarantine visit will be as much for us as for the dog - I will feel better (I hope) once I have actually seen where he is and met the person looking after him. After that we will probably have to just wait until he is ready to be collected, as I won't be driving for hours twice a week to visit!

Anyone know anything about doggy rules/requirements in NSW Hunter Valley? I have info on vaccinations etc, but I haven't heard anything about leash-laws or licensing - if anyone has any info on that I'd be v appreciative.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:13 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
Anyone know anything about doggy rules/requirements in NSW Hunter Valley? I have info on vaccinations etc, but I haven't heard anything about leash-laws or licensing - if anyone has any info on that I'd be v appreciative.
You can get all that info from your local council... If you know which one it's going to be they should have the info on their website; they do here at Pittwater...
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rodders39
You can get all that info from your local council... If you know which one it's going to be they should have the info on their website; they do here at Pittwater...
thanks everyone for taking the time guys to write
back, i didn't know that others couldn't visit the dogs in quarantine shame cause i bet they would love some cuddles! good luck to all who are sending their animals, its a very worrying time but im sure it will be worthwhile in the end. jo x