Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used or using PSS?

Anyone used or using PSS?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Antonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really nice
Default Anyone used or using PSS?

I've had a few quotes and PSS have come in as the cheapest, they also offer a 'standard liability cover' at 2.8% of value of goods rather than marine insurance which seems to start at 3% plus tax. We've been quoted at £3400 to move from Lancashire to Melbourne in a full 20ft container. Does this seem reasonable? Can anyone recommend?
Thanks.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:24 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used or using PSS?

Used them a few years ago with our move and were good. Cannot comment on cost as they seem to have increased in the last couple of years.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Antonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
Used them a few years ago with our move and were good. Cannot comment on cost as they seem to have increased in the last couple of years.
Thanks for that, daunting process and so many to choose from!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:43 am
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

We used PSS to move to the Sunshine Coast Sep 06 and found them to be exellent. All our stuff got here without a thing being broken, my wife even commented on the amount of paper they had used to wrap the glasses as it took us ages to remove it all.

The only thing we got caught for was the inspection the container had to go through when it got to Brisbane. We were quoted for door to door but that didn't include the inspection so watch out for that.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We used them to Perth, can't fault them either.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Croweater has a spectacular aura aboutCroweater has a spectacular aura aboutCroweater has a spectacular aura about

Our experience wasn't too good. One of our tea chest boxes turned up in Brisbane half empty. I contacted PSS and their agent in Brisbane and they honestly couldn't have cared less. Eventually, after various strongly worded emails, they referred me to their insurance company who wouldn't pay up anyway.

Just beware.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:07 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful with that insurance quote, you may like to read JoolsB comments about standard liability cover on this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...er#post5773870 there may be some problem with proving responsibility and it doesn't seem to cover you if the ship is lost at sea.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to you all. Checked out the thread, very useful. Prob going to use them so fingers crossed.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

darren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant futuredarren k has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Antonia_and_Sean
I've had a few quotes and PSS have come in as the cheapest, they also offer a 'standard liability cover' at 2.8% of value of goods rather than marine insurance which seems to start at 3% plus tax. We've been quoted at £3400 to move from Lancashire to Melbourne in a full 20ft container. Does this seem reasonable? Can anyone recommend?
Thanks.
Hi
Just used them on Friday 18th to take our stuff to Brizzy, it was only a part container so the 3 lads turned up in a Luton van. I said that i doubt they will get it in there but they were fantastic, they unpacked everything (as we already had it sitting in a spare room at a mates factory) and repacked it all in their own wrapping and boxes, i was there with them and couldn't fault them at all. Although the origional quote was £1850, I had a little bit more than what they quoted on as I added some stuff after and just had the invoice through this morning including insurance, spraying and handling fees the other end it came in at £2500 which I didn't think too bad. The only thing they couldn't tell me today was when it was going as it's a shared container and we leave on Sunday but would highly recommend
Good luck with your move
Darren
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:47 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We used them June 07 and found them great - very nice and helpful guys doing the loading and unloading.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

djamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant futuredjamesburgess has a brilliant future

I chose PSS to ship my bike over here.

It took them 15 weeks to get it to my door from the UK. The bike got here without the customs clearance form that I e-mailed PSS.

Therefore, the company at this end in Melbourne - Wilson Storage - couldn't get immediate clearance. To add to this WS were useless full-stop as every time I called them they seemed to have no idea what was going on.

Put it this way - I wouldn't use either of these companies again.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Used PSS in October and they were great.I agree with the amount of paper they used to wrap everything up with,the only thing broken was a glass when I unrolled the rolls of paper to fast and it rolled to the other side of the room!

We were quoted one price and charged that with no hidden extras and the amount quoted seems the going rate.Good luck with your move.Sue.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

we used them in november for an air shipment and sea shipment in shared container. They were by far the cheapest as the quoted us for one move but with 2 different shipping methods, which meant they packed our air shipmment as well (you often pack your own air shipping). All the other companies would only quote for 2 seperate moves.

The packers were excellent, especially as we were completely unprepared, kept adding things that had got left out and had 3 small children running around badgering them! poor guys

Our air shipment arrived all present and correct and in working order. Have just received a letter to say our container is due in tomorrow - hoorah!!! Earlier than expected as it was a shared container, so we are well pleased

We will see how things shape up with this delivery, but all good so far. We were told that the price didn't include quarantine charges, so no surprise at that one.

So far, highly recommended. Only irritating this is that we weren't told as routine what plane or ship our stuff had been loaded onto and when, we had to e-mail and ask, but they did respond with the info very promptly.

Sx
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:25 am
Just Joined

hellorachael is an unknown quantity at this point

We just used them from London to Sydney and have no complaints.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Antonia_and_Sean
Thanks.

Hi there, we were quoted about the same for 20ft container - Nridlington to Perth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.