Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used the Singapore Airlines transit hotel at airport?

Anyone used the Singapore Airlines transit hotel at airport?

Old Feb 7th 2004, 8:55 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone used the Singapore transit hotel at airport?

What's it like? Seems cheap. We are only there for 10 hours (at night) so don't really want to trek into town and back again without seeing anything.

Last edited by The Don; Feb 8th 2004 at 1:52 am.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 9:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used the Singapore Airlines transit hotel at airport?

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
What's it like? Seems cheap. We are only there for 10 hours (at night) so don't really want to trek into town and back again without seeing anything.
Seems like a good idea.We plan to do the same next time we go that way.Seen Singapore several times.
As I understand it you do not need to go through customs or immigration as the Hotel is in the departure area.Saves a lot of hassle.

G
Old Feb 7th 2004, 9:49 pm
Merlot

Default Looks Reasonable

Seen it on the web, I thought it would be worth a shot but we only plan to be there for 1 1/2 hours.

Merlot

Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:03 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

We're booked in for a six hour room next Wednesday; we've not used the rooms there before but we did use the showers - nice and clean and friendly service.

Elaine M
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Elaine

I have some other contacts for you re cars. I'll email them to you via Adelaide Brits
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:12 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by Elaine M
We're booked in for a six hour room next Wednesday; we've not used the rooms there before but we did use the showers - nice and clean and friendly service.

Elaine M
SHOWER!!! Now there is a thought, may investigate this though in the time I have there I bet I won't get any time!

Merlot

Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:19 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

It cost the equivalent of £8 when we were there last (although the exchange rate was a lot better then) and was the best £8 I've ever spent!

It depends on how busy they are, you may get straight in.

Elaine
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:50 am
Don
Banned

It cost the equivalent of £8 when we were there last (although the exchange rate was a lot better then) and was the best £8 I've ever spent!

It depends on how busy they are, you may get straight in.

Elaine
Thanks all. You can book ahead, looks like I'll be doing exactly that, based on your feedback
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:58 am

Thanks all. You can book ahead, looks like I'll be doing exactly that, based on your feedback
You're welcome. The cost of £8 that I mentioned referred to a shower, by the way - just realised I didn't make myself very clear!

When are you passing through Singapore airport? Wouldn't it be a coincidence if some of us met up there

Elaine M
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:09 am
Don
Banned

You're welcome. The cost of £8 that I mentioned referred to a shower, by the way - just realised I didn't make myself very clear!

When are you passing through Singapore airport? Wouldn't it be a coincidence if some of us met up there

Elaine M
It's a bit more expensive for 6 hours in the room, SGD87 for 3 people for 6 hours plus SGD14 each extra hour. Still, only about GBP30-35 for 8-9 hours, with two chimps in tow, a good idea, methinks.

It's Ambassador Transit Hotel http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/rates.htm .

We'll be there in 10 days or so.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:16 am

We'll miss you by about a week then.

I also thought it would be a good idea to book a room as I'm travelling with my two teenage daughters and my grandson who is almost a year old. (Not sure if he counts though!)

We've got an even longer lay-over - 14 hours, but I don't mind too much as we'll probably do the free city bus tour while we're there and browse all the shops in the airport too.

Elaine
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:21 am
Don
Banned

We'll miss you by about a week then.

I also thought it would be a good idea to book a room as I'm travelling with my two teenage daughters and my grandson who is almost a year old. (Not sure if he counts though!)

We've got an even longer lay-over - 14 hours, but I don't mind too much as we'll probably do the free city bus tour while we're there and browse all the shops in the airport too.

Elaine
I don't think tots count, hope not!

Our problem is: we're arriving late at night and leaving early in the morning. The younger version of me would have spent the hotel money on a swift circuit of the Long Bar and the best of Singapore nitelife but thankfully I'm over that stage now.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:36 am

I don't think tots count, hope not!

Our problem is: we're arriving late at night and leaving early in the morning. The younger version of me would have spent the hotel money on a swift circuit of the Long Bar and the best of Singapore nitelife but thankfully I'm over that stage now.
I know just what you mean - under different circumstances it could have been

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Elaine
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:44 am
Don
Banned

I know just what you mean - under different circumstances it could have been

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Elaine
The airlines got a bit fussier about passengers getting on board who have obviously had a few.

Life used to be so much easier in the old days!:PARTY:
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

definitely worth it we stayed there a couple of years ago it was nice to have a comfy bed and bath before the next leg of the journey.

juliet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.