Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Singapore airline to travel to Sydney?

Anyone used Singapore airline to travel to Sydney?

Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

legolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nice
Default Anyone used Singapore airline to travel to Sydney?

Hi
Please share your thought and experience about using Singapore airline (one stop in Changi) to travel to Australia/ Sydney.

Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Singapore airline to travel to Sydney?

Originally Posted by legolasWood
Hi
Please share your thought and experience about using Singapore airline (one stop in Changi) to travel to Australia/ Sydney.

Thanks
Starting from where?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

legolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nice

Starting from Dubai international airport(DXB).
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by legolasWood
Starting from Dubai international airport(DXB).
Ah OK............

I went from Dubai to Sydney via Bangkok, simply so I could build up some miles with Emirates, but if you HAVE to go via Singapore you can't use Emirates as they don't (I think) do the Singapore-Sydney leg (they DO fly Bangkok-Sydney for some reason).

I'm doing the Dubai-Singapore-Sydney sweep in mid-Feb, so I'll probably consider Singapore Airlines too.

Can't be more help until then - sorry.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Shellycoat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used them twice and all I can say is wow. Great service, been with BA & Quantis and well enough said.

Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

I have always traveled Singapore or Malaysian. And they are both fantastic!!

Highly recommended!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:22 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We flew with them from london to Sydney the first part of the flight from Heathrow to Singapore was great on the new A380 the second leg of the journey Singapore to Sydney was terrible old plane very uncomfortable and noisy. I have to say we preferred the flight over here we did with Virgin out of the two.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:49 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Used them twice for heathrow to sydney. When booking, make sure you get on the A380. Singapore do about 3 flights a day out of Heathrow(at the moment) and 1 is the A380. Other flights are just bog standard with good service IMO.