Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Robinsons or Wridgways for their move?

Anyone used Robinsons or Wridgways for their move?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone used Robinsons or Wridgways for their move?

Hi Folks,

I am just about to make a decision on a removal company after a few weeks of surveys and quotes from various shippers who can move us from Germany to Melbourne.

It looks like we are going to go with Robinsons who use Wridgeways as their Australia partners.

I would be grateful for any local knowledge regarding Wridgways or any info from people who may have used Robinsons.

We were restricted with International companies that could move us from Germany, a close second is the Removal Group but I didnt get the same professional feel from them as the local Germany rep gave me from Robinsons.

Any info on Robinsons or Wridgways would be gratefully received prior to us signing on the dotted line.....

Thank you friends,

Cheryl :
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:28 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Robinsons or Wridgways for their move?

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi Folks,

I am just about to make a decision on a removal company after a few weeks of surveys and quotes from various shippers who can move us from Germany to Melbourne.

It looks like we are going to go with Robinsons who use Wridgeways as their Australia partners.

I would be grateful for any local knowledge regarding Wridgways or any info from people who may have used Robinsons.

We were restricted with International companies that could move us from Germany, a close second is the Removal Group but I didnt get the same professional feel from them as the local Germany rep gave me from Robinsons.

Any info on Robinsons or Wridgways would be gratefully received prior to us signing on the dotted line.....

Thank you friends,

Cheryl :
We used them

Excellent service! not a single broken thing, nothing missing, friendly packers at both ends!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sam
We used them

Excellent service! not a single broken thing, nothing missing, friendly packers at both ends!
Oh thank you so much, its silly but a little reasurance goes a long way at a time like this. Every step you take is a scarey one!!!!!.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and hope everything is going well for you.

Cheryl
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

just as a matter of interest what have they quoted

as i am having a quote next week

thanks
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

friends of ours used robinsons and recomended them
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicknic
just as a matter of interest what have they quoted

as i am having a quote next week

thanks
Hi they quoted £3,650 but thats from Germany to Melbourne. All came in around £3600 - £4,100 (Allied). The removal Group was good as well it came down to local teams in Germany really.

Good luck and cheack whats included as they all word the quote differently. We just have to pay QIS fees ($300 - 600)

Cheryl
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

just sent you a pm
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicknic
just sent you a pm
Thanks much appreciated

Cheryl
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Wridgways did our unpacking this end and had to put up with me constantly moaning about the cock up Masons made

for Wridgways from me
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

We used Wridgways for our interstate move, they were awful, half our stuff was either broken or scratch.:curse:
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:33 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
We used Wridgways for our interstate move, they were awful, half our stuff was either broken or scratch.:curse:
We used Wridgways from UK to Aus. Lots of stuff stolen
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

We used Robinsons Surrey to NZ. A few bits broken not Robinsons fault I think it happened this end.. All the nuts and bolts that hold daughter bed together are missing. So If you use them ask them to have a bits and pieces box. Apart from that the guys are great packers and hard workers.
I would also suggest whatever the price ask for more off it!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
We used Wridgways from UK to Aus. Lots of stuff stolen
Join the club.

My old laptop got nicked when being shipped by Wridgways along with the rest of the items in that box. I was not 100% certain that it was them as it could have been the NZ moving company but it looks like they are the culprits from the 2 other people who have had problems with them.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:47 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Robinsons (very professional, well wrapped), got a good price with them but that is because I worked with the husband of the former director who used to run it in Darlington ( it's who you know!!)

Stuff is still at sea due in around the 8th Feb I beleive so can not comment on the other end (Wridgways) yet.

Cheers
Graz
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Libby1971 is on a distinguished road

Shame about other peoples negative experiences...it's stressful enough without some grubby fingered lowlife helping themselves to your stuff. Mind you, we were warned about this from people who suggested that the fact that some containers sit on the side of docks in various parts of Asia is too much of a temptation...

We used Whites from UK who were fab. Packed everything. Wridgways delivered at this end and were brilliant. We liked them so much we had them back to move us from our rental to home. I was totally paranoid about the welfare of an ornament left to my daughter (one foot high angel with outspread wings) and it arrived perfectly.

Libby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.