Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:59 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Originally Posted by fizzbot5
Amazing had a phone call from Pickfords last week to ask why we hadn't booked with them - told the chap it was because of price they quoted £4,100 and Pss £3380 - Which ever way you look at it £700 is a lot of money. So he came back today and said they could now do it for £3400. Also the insurance would be a lot cheaper at 2.5% against Pss 2.85.Although have arranged this independantly for !.54%.
I am in a real dilema now who to go with as we fly on 26th July.
Any one able to give advice?

Thanks
Fizzbot
Hi Fizzbot,

Following this with interest as we've just arranged PSS to come to quote for ours (full 20' container). In the same situation, I'd stick with PSS as they were more keen to begin with and also they have almost 100% positive feedback on this forum.

Could you please post details of where you went for your insurance as we'd like to arrange ours independently.

Cheers, and good luck with everything.
RT.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hi Fizzbot,

Following this with interest as we've just arranged PSS to come to quote for ours (full 20' container). In the same situation, I'd stick with PSS as they were more keen to begin with and also they have almost 100% positive feedback on this forum.

Could you please post details of where you went for your insurance as we'd like to arrange ours independently.

Cheers, and good luck with everything.
RT.

We've phoned http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/ today they quoted us 1.53%
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:17 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
We've phoned http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/ today they quoted us 1.53%
Nice one, thanks mate.

It's all getting giddy in the Fraser household isn't it..??
Congratulations on the way it's all coming together for you guys.

All the best,
Rogue.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:21 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one, thanks mate.

It's all getting giddy in the Fraser household isn't it..??

Rogue.
It's spinning
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
By this time next month PSS will have packed up all our belongings, bound for Sydney. Hope we find them as good as their reputation!

Binbird

let me know how they fair, we hope to have them too, september looks like being a busy time for us all..hopefully
Trish
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future

Hi thinking of using PSS Removals or Brittania has anyone used either and give me their opinions. PSS is cheaper by around £400 which would cover most of the insurance.
Would love to hear peoples experiences

Fiona
HI

I,m not at that stage yet but my nephew used PSS and I n=know he was pleased with them. He flew out to Perth on the 22nd June so I don't know when he will receive his stuff as they shared a container.

Margaret
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:48 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for their replies it has been very useful. On balance I think we will go with PSS as nearly everyone has been positive about them.

We are having a 20ft Container @£3380 with insurance 2.8% of value - not sure to do a search for insurance and do it independantly - just thinking of the hassle factor if something does get damaged.Spoke to them today and the lady I spoke to did mention that freight charges went up again last week.

I have to say I was impressed with all the companies that came to quote and they all had lots of useful printed material to give with advice on Australia.

Fizzbot is that for a 20' reefer or GP container, it will be outlined in ther quote.

Im interested as they have charged us £3623 for a 20' GP and we are only 40 miles up the road from you.....

Stu
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Fizzbot

Sorry this is a bit late but I've only just noticed thread, we used PPS and they were really good both that end and this (Perth). Also we asked for a bit more discount and they gave it to us.

Lindsey
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:15 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi Fizzbot

we used PPS and they were really good both that end and this (Perth). Also we asked for a bit more discount and they gave it to us.

Lindsey
We tried that but they wouldn't budge on the price...... maybe because we are using a reefer.

Binbird
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:40 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by binbird
We tried that but they wouldn't budge on the price...... maybe because we are using a reefer.

Binbird
OK... time to show my ignorance...
What's a reefer..??
(the type you ship your goods in, not the smoked variety..!!)

Cheers,
RT.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

OK... time to show my ignorance...
What's a reefer..??
(the type you ship your goods in, not the smoked variety..!!)

Cheers,
RT.
I wondered that too
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:52 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by jimtrish
I wondered that too
Thank goodness I'm not the only one...!!
Thanks for your solidarity..!!

RT.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:55 pm

Thank goodness I'm not the only one...!!
Thanks for your solidarity..!!

RT.
It-s a refigerated 20ft container which is smaller than a normal 20 footer internally
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:24 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by fraser
It-s a refigerated 20ft container which is smaller than a normal 20 footer internally
Nice one big guy, thanks..!!

Refrigerated..?? Why..??

RT.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 2:19 pm

Nice one big guy, thanks..!!

Refrigerated..?? Why..??

RT.

They're sent here from OZ with wine ect on then used by the shipping companys when they're sent back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.