Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Old May 31st 2005, 6:24 pm
FIZZBOT5

fizzbot5 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Hi Fizzbot,

We are thinking of using PSS as they have come in cheaper for us, will have a chat to you on Sunday at the farm house. I also have a spreadsheet of all our quotes if you are interested.

Stu
Thanks Stu I would be very interested look forward to meeting you on Sunday

Fiona
Old May 31st 2005, 7:31 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Originally Posted by fizzbot5
Hi thinking of using PSS Removals or Brittania has anyone used either and give me their opinions. PSS is cheaper by around £400 which would cover most of the insurance.
Would love to hear peoples experiences

Fiona
hi fb can`t really comment to much becuase not had all the quotes yet(crown and pickfords to come)but pss came round first and i was impressed,answered all my questions (and dumbed down the answers) and also said we would only need a reefer which defo made my day will let you know how crown go but i don`t hold out much hope for pickfords!!
jay
Old May 31st 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Hoping for the house to complete in August, will spend some time with the parents then head off early September.. can't wait!!

Julie
We're hoping to complete end of July so similar time span, we will be spending the summer with my in-laws, love them to bits, however the 5 of us under their roof may be a little cozy!! Also hoping to head off early September when the boys have their exam results!! Perhaps we'll meet on the plane, where are you heading?
Old May 31st 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

PSS booked arriving to s tart packing on june 27th better get the bacon in !!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Smartinis
We're hoping to complete end of July so similar time span, we will be spending the summer with my in-laws, love them to bits, however the 5 of us under their roof may be a little cozy!! Also hoping to head off early September when the boys have their exam results!! Perhaps we'll meet on the plane, where are you heading?
We are going to Brisbane.. so maybe at the airport!! stopping in Dubai, Singapore and Sidney before hitting Brisbane, we have decided that this ...free..!.. time is a one off luxury so going to make the most of it!

See you on the 6th..

Julie
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

so can someone post the contact details for PSS? I've got DoreeBonner coming round to quote in a fortnight and want to get two quotes in
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Did anyone do the online quotes or has everyone had home visits for quotes.

What sort of timescale before departure are they prepared to come round? We're validating in October but not leaving till Marchish next year. When do people reccomend getting the quotes in?
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

moke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Did anyone do the online quotes or has everyone had home visits for quotes.

What sort of timescale before departure are they prepared to come round? We're validating in October but not leaving till Marchish next year. When do people reccomend getting the quotes in?
http://www.pss.uk.com/
We were quoted by PSS (home visit) £3,500 for a 20' container Hastings to Brisbane. They will come and quote any time before your move but warn that prices can rise at any time after the quote.
They suggested making a booking no later than three weeks before departure (but advised six weeks).
Dean
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi thinking of using PSS Removals or Brittania has anyone used either and give me their opinions. PSS is cheaper by around £400 which would cover most of the insurance.
Would love to hear peoples experiences

Fiona
Hi Fiona
We used PSS not sure if we would use them again.
When we first went to them for a quote, it was basically, for them to issue the boxes (13 boxes), we would pack & deliver them direct to the yard, then for them to ship & to deliver to our address in Oz.
We had informed them from the start that we would be going to Coffs Harbour, NSW & that Brisbane would be closer than Sydney. The girl disagreed & said our boxes would go to Sydney. We got a quote for all costs plus insurance & paid them in full.
We had been in Oz for about 6 weeks, & received a phone call from Oss (PSS sister company in Oz) & was told they needed an extra 160 pound plus other charges to deliver our boxes as they had under charged us. We spent nearly 3-4 weeks emailing, phoning them trying to sort out the mess. In the end they did agree to waiver the charges & deliver the boxes, but it did take us emailing them 4-5 times a week, explaining that it was a mistake on their part & that we had said from the start Brisbane was nearer. We just felt that their approach to our case was unsatisfactory. But as someone has already said, even the best companies make errors.
Good luck, hope all turns out well for you.
Paula1
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to sound daft, but can anyone tell me if there is a timescale as to when you can get the packers in, i just wondered if you could time it so that you only had about 2-3wks to wait until your belongings arrived in your new home in oz
thankyou

Trish
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:50 pm
FIZZBOT5

Talking Re: Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Thanks everyone for their replies it has been very useful. On balance I think we will go with PSS as nearly everyone has been positive about them.

We are having a 20ft Container @£3380 with insurance 2.8% of value - not sure to do a search for insurance and do it independantly - just thinking of the hassle factor if something does get damaged.Spoke to them today and the lady I spoke to did mention that freight charges went up again last week.

I have to say I was impressed with all the companies that came to quote and they all had lots of useful printed material to give with advice on Australia.

Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:07 pm
FIZZBOT5

Question Re: Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Amazing had a phone call from Pickfords last week to ask why we hadn't booked with them - told the chap it was because of price they quoted £4,100 and Pss £3380 - Which ever way you look at it £700 is a lot of money. So he came back today and said they could now do it for £3400. Also the insurance would be a lot cheaper at 2.5% against Pss 2.85.Although have arranged this independantly for !.54%.
I am in a real dilema now who to go with as we fly on 26th July.
Any one able to give advice?

Thanks
Fizzbot
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:26 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing had a phone call from Pickfords last week to ask why we hadn't booked with them - told the chap it was because of price they quoted £4,100 and Pss £3380 - Which ever way you look at it £700 is a lot of money. So he came back today and said they could now do it for £3400. Also the insurance would be a lot cheaper at 2.5% against Pss 2.85.Although have arranged this independantly for !.54%.
I am in a real dilema now who to go with as we fly on 26th July.
Any one able to give advice?

Thanks
Fizzbot
Speaking from no experience of either but PSS only seem to get good reports while Pickfords get mixed ones. So long as PSS are in the right ball park with costs I expect to go with them.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:47 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I've booked PSS to do ours earlier today
Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:13 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

By this time next month PSS will have packed up all our belongings, bound for Sydney. Hope we find them as good as their reputation!

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.