Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Old May 30th 2005, 9:25 pm
FIZZBOT5

fizzbot5 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Hi thinking of using PSS Removals or Brittania has anyone used either and give me their opinions. PSS is cheaper by around £400 which would cover most of the insurance.
Would love to hear peoples experiences

Fiona
Old May 30th 2005, 9:31 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone used PSS Removals to Oz?

Originally Posted by fizzbot5
Hi thinking of using PSS Removals or Brittania has anyone used either and give me their opinions. PSS is cheaper by around £400 which would cover most of the insurance.

Fiona
Hi Fizzbot,

We are thinking of using PSS as they have come in cheaper for us, will have a chat to you on Sunday at the farm house. I also have a spreadsheet of all our quotes if you are interested.

Stu
Old May 30th 2005, 10:59 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Fiona
Hi Fizzbot, we used PSS could not fault them, either in UK or on delivering out here. Cost was approx $3300 for 20' container.
ViVi
Old May 30th 2005, 11:23 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by vivi
Hi Fizzbot, we used PSS could not fault them, either in UK or on delivering out here. Cost was approx $3300 for 20' container.
ViVi
Hi Vivi,

Where abouts in Oz are you?//

Stu
Old May 31st 2005, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Fiona
Hi Fiona
we used PSS in January. Guys packing up were great- just feed them bacon butties and cups of sugar with some tea and they'll be happy. Cost us about £3500. Guys this end (Perth) were brilliant. Everything arrived safely apart from a cheap Homebase kids chest of drawers, a bookcase and a mirror which we took out insurance for anyway.
Cheers
Yv
Old May 31st 2005, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

we used them nearly a year ago to Brisbane wonderful service no problem all goodies arrived safe and sound.

regards sally
Old May 31st 2005, 9:31 am
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

We used PSS last September....With no problems at all.
After comparing quotes with other companies we decided to go with PSS on price alone.

Was approximately £3,500 to pack and deliver a 20ft container to the Gold Coast, QLD

Damages = a little chip in a dinner plate.

Good service both ends too. & like the other said keep the packers all fed, watered and happy and they'll look after you.

I would suspect whichever company you choose would have had its disasters over the years but for us PSS did everything we expected they should.

Wenz
Old May 31st 2005, 9:33 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear there are lots og positive experiences - we're just about to use them to ship our stuff to NZ - they seem really professional and competitive so far!
Biddy
Old May 31st 2005, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Biddy
Good to hear there are lots og positive experiences - we're just about to use them to ship our stuff to NZ - they seem really professional and competitive so far!
Biddy
wat u doing on the oz thread?

No seriously they were bril the container (40ft)could'nt get down our lane so they loaded the container on the cricket pitch ha ha,Biddy you
can at least block the pub car park that should be a laugh!!
Old May 31st 2005, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Barron Fam
wat u doing on the oz thread?

No seriously they were bril the container (40ft)could'nt get down our lane so they loaded the container on the cricket pitch ha ha,Biddy you
can at least block the pub car park that should be a laugh!!
Tomorrow 01june is the day they started packing wow that has flown
Old May 31st 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

We also had a quote from PSS, they were actually higher than John Masons for us, also the bloke who came round seemed really in a hurry!! He was in and out in 20 minutes, gave hardly any time for questions and didn't even mention insurance, to be honest although they have a great reputation from the sales pitch I wasn't impressed!! When the quote came back it had so many mistakes on it, he had obvously just edited someone elses list, the 4th bedroom had a cot listed, our youngest is 12!!!! But he obvoiusly wasn't paying that much attention, told him no beds, but still listed them and mattresses. John Masons were here for at least an hour, the bloke was keen to make sure that I understood everything, and was very honest about the insurance, very different from Allied Pickfords who said we had to insure everything for full cost, no cherry picking as he put it, which would cost a fortune, and so much of the sentimental stuff can't be priced any way, but he said we had to even though you wouldn't replace anyway. They are definitely off the list, bloke was rude too (Allied Pickfords) arrived 40 minutes late, no apology or excuse, walked in and said, "note here says you need advice on what to take (first estimate, who doesn't??) so its one of those moves is it??" Put us off right from the start, and quote was worst of the lot!

John Mason will be getting our vote, but do get several quotes is my advice.
Old May 31st 2005, 12:51 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Hi Vivi,

Where abouts in Oz are you?//

Stu
Bit nosey aren't you!!! only joking... just outside Narangba, don't want to say Morayfield as they call it Moronfield here!!
ViVi
Old May 31st 2005, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Really interesting, we've had PSS and John Mason, PSS were the cheapest, and also the most helpful... he spent a lot of time talking to us about the move and gave us some useful tips, although they have said no food stuffs what so ever, the others seemed to be more leanient. I found John Mason to be less helpful and more expensive!!...

I suppose everyone has good days and bad days...

They both have a good reputation on here, and I'm sure 1 company couldn't cope with all of us!!

Good luck everyone.. sounds like some of us are going to the meet on the 6th.... we can compare notes then!!

Julie
Old May 31st 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Really interesting, we've had PSS and John Mason, PSS were the cheapest, and also the most helpful... he spent a lot of time talking to us about the move and gave us some useful tips, although they have said no food stuffs what so ever, the others seemed to be more leanient. I found John Mason to be less helpful and more expensive!!...

I suppose everyone has good days and bad days...

They both have a good reputation on here, and I'm sure 1 company couldn't cope with all of us!!

Good luck everyone.. sounds like some of us are going to the meet on the 6th.... we can compare notes then!!

Julie
Guess they were just having an off day when they came to us, at least their quote was in the same ball park as Masons, pickfords estimated an extra 250 sq ft for the exact same furniture, thats about 30% difference! Rather excessive I thought.

Hope the move goes well, when are you planning to go?
Old May 31st 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Hoping for the house to complete in August, will spend some time with the parents then head off early September.. can't wait!!

Julie

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.