Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Interdean to ship goods? concerned.

Anyone used Interdean to ship goods? concerned.

Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

roobush has a spectacular aura aboutroobush has a spectacular aura aboutroobush has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone used Interdean to ship goods? concerned.

Hello!

We shipped our goods out to oz with John Masons.

They were meant to be shipped back with Wridgeways.

However, I've just been informed that Wridgeways have decided to use another shipping company to ship our stuff back, Interdean.

Has anyone used Interdean?
Know of their reputation?
I'm a bit concerned as John Masons are very good but I know nothing of Interdean.

Interdean have told me today that it will take 3 - 5 weeks for our goods to be delivered once out of customs clearance. This seems very long doesn't it?

Is it normal for delivery to take 3 - 5 weeks if in a shared container?

Our apartment is empty of furniture and goods not expected till 23rd October in port. So frustrating...

Any feedback on Interdean much appreciated!

thank you
roobush
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Interdean to ship goods? concerned.

Not heard of them before but judging by the info on their website, they've been around since 1959 so do have a fair amount of history. It also looks like Wridgways have joined forces with them and another company and I had excellent service with them as well as John Mason.

3-5 weeks doesn't sound too bad for shared. It's quite often at least two weeks sole use.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Billy Bucket is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anyone used Interdean to ship goods? concerned.

Part load transit times do differ from 'sole use' but I suggest you check what transit time Wridgeways quoted you and then question it if it differs.
Your gear is in good hands, Interdean are over 50 years old and recently became owned by Santa Fe/EAC group that also own Wridgeways, so your shipment is moving with the same company door to door. They are members of FIDI which also supports that they are a bonifide and quality mover.