Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used freedom shipping? I just want to send boxes & bikes

Anyone used freedom shipping? I just want to send boxes & bikes

Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Anyone used freedom shipping? I just want to send boxes & bikes

Hello,
We are flying out in 3 weeks on a student visa and just organising shipping our bits now. Freedom shipping seem to be coming in fairly well priced, we have been quoted £354 for 5 book carton boxes and 5 tea carton boxes plus a adult maoutain bike for an extra £69. Then between 80 and 160 ozzie dollars at the other end. Does this seem like a good price?

Or does anyone have any others to reccomend? All we want to take is roughly 10 boxes and a bike.

Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used freedom shipping? I just want to send boxes & bikes

Originally Posted by werty1
Hello,
We are flying out in 3 weeks on a student visa and just organising shipping our bits now. Freedom shipping seem to be coming in fairly well priced, we have been quoted £354 for 5 book carton boxes and 5 tea carton boxes plus a adult maoutain bike for an extra £69. Then between 80 and 160 ozzie dollars at the other end. Does this seem like a good price?

Or does anyone have any others to reccomend? All we want to take is roughly 10 boxes and a bike.

Thanks

Hi - i sent my boxes with freedom shipping. 4 tea chests and 16 book boxes and it cost me less than £500. They are the same company as Sevenseas (van and guys uniform all had seven seas on it). SO far i am impressed but there again ask me when they have arrived (or not )
Mandy x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi - i sent my boxes with freedom shipping. 4 tea chests and 16 book boxes and it cost me less than £500. They are the same company as Sevenseas (van and guys uniform all had seven seas on it). SO far i am impressed but there again ask me when they have arrived (or not )
Mandy x
Oh thanks for that, just noticed your going to bunbury! thats where we are going Should I maybe take more book boxes and just a couple of tea chests, does that make it any cheaper?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for that, just noticed your going to bunbury! thats where we are going Should I maybe take more book boxes and just a couple of tea chests, does that make it any cheaper?
You will be better checking prices with freedom but reason i took more book boxes is cos of the max 40kg per box. it is very easy to go OVER that in the big box but we managed fine with the book boxes!

YAY another one going to Bunbury we will be able to have regular meets with the sudden influx of people down there
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

Are they very strict on sizes. I have something I wold like to ship but is slightly large then a bike box?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
Are they very strict on sizes. I have something I wold like to ship but is slightly large then a bike box?

Give them a ring - i had to break a tea chest down and reconstruct it to take some glass shelving - they were really good but need the final measurements to give you a price. they will also send out different size boxes if necessary
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hello daunted, can i just ask did you use the economy boxes or the dearer ones? If you used the economy ones, were they any good?
Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello daunted, can i just ask did you use the economy boxes or the dearer ones? If you used the economy ones, were they any good?
Thanks
Hi there! yeah i just used the economy ones! they were very good but obviously i wont know HOW good until it arrives, hopefully in one piece
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi there! yeah i just used the economy ones! they were very good but obviously i wont know HOW good until it arrives, hopefully in one piece
Thats great thanks, I might go for the economy too then! I have been told I will have to pay between 80-160 ozzie dollars, to get through customs or something like that. Is that everything? they dont add anything else on?

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

well everything has arrived - even the breadbin! WHY did i bring a breadbin
The only breakage i had was one glass milk jug which broke when i dropped it unpacking it The CD player wasnt too happy first day and wouldnt play but suspect it was abit damp and now its dried out is playing fine.
Only strange thing is that (bearing in mind i in WA) the ship docked in Fremantle on 30th December and left following day for Melbourne where it unloaded my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! (boxes seen more of oz than me!) They then came rest of way by road. Apparently its the norm with freedom shipping but didnt make much difference in teh end i didnt really even want sight of the damned boxes again