Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Burke Bros Removals for Oz Shipping?

Anyone used Burke Bros Removals for Oz Shipping?

Old Apr 8th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone used Burke Bros Removals for Oz Shipping?

Hi

Shopping around for shipping quotes and wondered if anyone had used this Wolverhampton based company before?

Cheers!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:29 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone used Burke Bros Removals for Oz Shipping?

We used them and I would not recommend then to anyone. There customer service is dreadful and they never get in touch with you once they have your belongings. They took out belongings on the 28th August 2008 and it was delivered to us in Sydney in the second week of January 2009. I phoned them with our new address when we arrived in Australia 6 weeks after our container was meant to of been shipped and the lady on the phone at Burke Bros laughed and said of we forgot to ship it its still sat here in front of me. She had no regard for us and said it was not there problem it had been forgotten and they would put it on a ship when they had a chance. It took me three days of constant phoning to get a shipment date from them. I E mailed the owner and he was just as rude and I was told tough luck we have your belongings and the money for shipping you will just have to go out and buy new stuff until your container arrives. When the container arrived the furniture was packed well and no damage but the rest of our stuff was just thrown in boxes we had loads of books and personal items ruined by there packers.
If I was you I would look into using someone else there are many other companies people have used on here and had a really good service from.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Dear. That sounds incredibly bad. Won't be using them then!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Daty is an unknown quantity at this point

Your question has made me become a member this morning, just to think that you are about to make the mistake I made about a year ago when I chose this bunch of cowboys for my relocation.

I would not wish the nightmare on my worst enemy. Packaging - NIL, Contact & follow up - NIL. They must have struck it lucky , to find a mug like me, who sent them to the bank smiling .

In short everything that could go wrong did. I was ashamed to collect my treasured belongings littered with their sticky labels as they were falling out of boxes and to think that I had paid them thousands of pounds to trash them !
My phonecalls to their office was little more than a bother, as they no longer knew who I was, or what I wanted to talk to them about.

I am shocked that they are still in business !

They say 40 days for a thief, but only ONE day for the owner. One day , THEY WILL BE CAUGHT & STOPPED