Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Britannia recently?

Anyone used Britannia recently?

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone used Britannia recently?

Hi all

We are moving out to GC at the end of July and after having several companines quote prices OH has decided the Britannia chap was the best(not the cheapest). Anyone used them and had either a good/bad service?

thanks

Nicola
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 4:39 pm
kerrie/wayne

Default Re: Anyone used Britannia recently?

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hi all

We are moving out to GC at the end of July and after having several companines quote prices OH has decided the Britannia chap was the best(not the cheapest). Anyone used them and had either a good/bad service?

thanks

Nicola

hi ya julie we have just used britannia so far so good no problems two guys came wrapped and packed our belonging and now our things are on the way

good luck

kez

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerrie/wayne
hi ya julie we have just used britannia so far so good no problems two guys came wrapped and packed our belonging and now our things are on the way

good luck

kez

thanks kez

hope everything goes well.

Nicola
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

We used Britannia in March this year.
They were booked for 8.30am.
By 12.30 they hadnt turned up
I telephoned them, and my first line was
"Good Afternoon, Does your Company pride themselves in stress free removals?"
Reply -Yes
"Then why arnt you at my house packing when I have booked you for 8.30 and its now 12.30?"

They gave me the usual excuses that they had to drop off a piece of furniture nearby and had problems etc., but they then arrived around 1pm. We had in the end 48 boxes but no furniture. A huge van arrived, dropped off one guy and said they would send another van around 5pm. I was told when booking that there would be at least 2 blokes, and on the phone that day then told there would be 4 blokes. But just the one turned up. So me and my friends helped him do the packing, which I could have done myself weeks ago. He wrapped up all the breakable things, and we packed the clothes and bedding etc.,
We had one ornament which we asked him to pack carefully. It was an angel so I stressed that we wanted him to do everything possible not to break it, with the shape of the wings etc., He left it to the side to pack later and said he would wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in with soft things so as to try to avoid breakage. Needless to say, it was broke on arrival - he had wrapped it in one sheet of paper, and then put the stereo on the top - it didnt stand a chance.

It was all a bit chaotic - the people moving into our house arrived at 1.30 with their removal van, as we were supposed to be out by then. Luckily everything that we were taking we put in the conservatory, so the new people had full use of the rest of the house. We had to leave before the Britannia man had finished as we had a train to catch. With us helping him pack I expect it wasnt long before he was completely finished, he only had the tv to wrap up and the angel of course. So apparently he sat there for hours just waiting to be picked up.

If Britannia had arrived at 8.30 as arranged then we would have been all sorted before the new people arrived. Instead it was very stressful having us trying to get out and the new people in, this could have been avoided if they had arrived on time, and indeed not just sent one man without the van.

We were also told that it was best for them to pack everything because of customs etc., when in fact we ended up packing alot of it ourselves in the end anyway.

On arrival in Australia we had alot of things broken, in fact at least one item in each box. Cant put the whole blame on Britannia there, but wrapping some fragile stuff in one piece of paper just wasnt enough. Bubble wrap should have been used or at least more than one piece of paper.

My advice is that if a company are packing for you, then watch everything they are doing. We couldnt stress enough about the Angel, but unfortunately had left before he had packed it.

by the way, the customs opened every one of our boxes.

Jill
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 11:52 pm
The Smiths

Glenn Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=nicola411]Hi all

hi Nicola

we used Britannia last year to ship our stuff to oz! they came they packed they shipped, overall a good service was provided. not the cheapest! they do however use another company this end to forward your stuff to you! not Britannia.
this can be frustrating as you have paid-ed Britannia in the UK and not them and they will deliver when they are ready. There will be a customs clearance fee this end to which i think they make up on the day as no ones is the same?
but be prepared and add a few weeks to the overall shipping times for weather and customs, biting tongue time i'm afraid. Also make sure on your quotation from them you have paid for so many miles delivery out of the brisbane port so if your moving to gold coast say the furthest place you may want to live as an address for delivery as not to incur re any delivery fee this end from the agent. But a good service from them was had!
glenn
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:05 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

We used them in March and had no problems whatsoever....3 blokes came and wrapped our things,it took them a total of 3 hours...I would use them again if I had to.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Britannia is actually a franchise so it depends which branch you use.......................................