Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone in the uk heading to Sydney this year

anyone in the uk heading to Sydney this year

Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice
Default anyone in the uk heading to Sydney this year

WE just sent our meds off, waiting for p/c's to come back, then sell house get on plane. not making too many plans but would like to be there end of this year.
We have freinds in southern Sydney so i guess thats where we will go.
would be nice to talk with those doing similar and perhaps a meet up as well.
struggeling with info on schools for our 14 year old daughter around oyster bay area.

all the best
Cockney Rob......
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: anyone in the uk heading to Sydney this year

Originally Posted by lightr0d2o
WE just sent our meds off, waiting for p/c's to come back, then sell house get on plane. not making too many plans but would like to be there end of this year.
struggeling with info on schools for our 14 year old daughter around oyster bay area.

all the best
Cockney Rob......
We've just got our visa's. Got house on market but nothing happening there which is really fustrating as want to get out there as soon as possible, thats all thats holding us back.
We're flying to Sydney and then planning on heading north (about an hour and a half away) to Bateau Bay (Near to Gosford), my sister lives there with her family so hope to rent initially and see what happens with work. Dave will probably commute to Syndey for work as thats what my brother in law does (and everyone else).
Hope all goes OK. Have 2 kids ourselves but will wait to get out there and then sort our schools.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulaljones
We've just got our visa's. Got house on market but nothing happening there which is really fustrating as want to get out there as soon as possible, thats all thats holding us back.
We're flying to Sydney and then planning on heading north (about an hour and a half away) to Bateau Bay (Near to Gosford), my sister lives there with her family so hope to rent initially and see what happens with work. Dave will probably commute to Syndey for work as thats what my brother in law does (and everyone else).
Hope all goes OK. Have 2 kids ourselves but will wait to get out there and then sort our schools.
Hi Paula

We live in Umina Beach just outside of Gosford. I haven't been to Bateau Bay, must put it on my list of places to go.

Hope all goes well for you and OP.

Jo
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

all the best
Cockney Rob......
We are not in UK as we moved to the US temporarily for my husbands job this Jan, and it seemed like a good time filler while waiting for our visas. We are going on a 138, plan to settle in Sydney and hope to get our visas around oct/nov time looking at current timelines. We like Manly, but it may be a bit too expensive, or Balmain.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by joho
Hi Paula

We live in Umina Beach just outside of Gosford. I haven't been to Bateau Bay, must put it on my list of places to go.

Hope all goes well for you and OP.

Jo
Yeah if you haven't been go that way definately, go a bit further to the entrance its ever so pretty there and you can see the pelicans being fed every day.
how long have you been there then?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulaljones
Yeah if you haven't been go that way definately, go a bit further to the entrance its ever so pretty there and you can see the pelicans being fed every day.
how long have you been there then?
We've been here a year on 3rd May. We have been to the entrance a few times and seen the pelicans being fed. Just havent been to Bateau Bay.

Jo
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

all the best
Cockney Rob......
Sorry, can't help with schools as I don't have kids but for schools in the area of Oyster Bay try googling for Sutherland Shire as that's the council for Oyster Bay area and I imagine the council website will have the list of public school they have. We're currently living in Balmain but are moving back to the Shire (Bonnet Bay) next month since we enjoyed living in Oyster Bay where we stayed with friends when we first arrived in December and have decided that its more us that Balmain which is very inner city after living in a town.

If you want any other info about the Shire send me a PM and I'll try to help.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joho
We've been here a year on 3rd May. We have been to the entrance a few times and seen the pelicans being fed. Just havent been to Bateau Bay.

Jo
Guess there isn't anything really that special about Bateau Bay, just another residential area. But it when you put the whole package together its great. Couldn't believe how much water there is around the area.
What are house prices like where you are? AS my sister explained the further you get from Sydney the cheaper the property becomes, hence why we're doing the same as them as Dave hopes to get a job in Sydney and commute.(Apparently wages are better there) Guess it'll all depend on where the work is at the time though, as long as we can pay the rent.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Re: anyone in the uk heading to Sydney this year

all the best
Cockney Rob......
Hi

We had our meds and they were posted off 4 weeks ago, house sold last week, furniture was packed and has gone into storage and we are now living with my Mum! We are just waiting to hear that our meds are ok and then we will need to pay the bond! Hoping to move to the Frenchs Forest area in August!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Re: anyone in the uk heading to Sydney this year

all the best
Cockney Rob......
Hi

We had our meds and they were posted off 4 weeks ago, house sold last week, furniture was packed and has gone into storage and we are now living with my Mum! We are just waiting to hear that our meds are ok and then we will need to pay the bond! Hoping to move to the Frenchs Forest area in August!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

KelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the rough

Hellooooooooo

We are hopefully off to Sydney this year too. Husband has sponsership so will be going on 457 apps being processed, and house up for sale. His work will be in Rushcutters bay, and on the map it looks very near Kings cross area. We have not got a clue as yet where we are going to live, have been doing lots of research and Sydney rental is so expensive, although I have had a quick look a Oyster bay and the prices there seem more realistic. Has anybody any ideas how long it is to commute say by car from there to Rushcuters Bay, We have a 5 year old so we are trying to find some where that is great for family life but not to long to commute.

Good luck to every one, what a jolly good idea for a thread

Have fun researching

KelnIan
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KelnIan
Hellooooooooo

We are hopefully off to Sydney this year too. Husband has sponsership so will be going on 457 apps being processed, and house up for sale. His work will be in Rushcutters bay, and on the map it looks very near Kings cross area. We have not got a clue as yet where we are going to live, have been doing lots of research and Sydney rental is so expensive, although I have had a quick look a Oyster bay and the prices there seem more realistic. Has anybody any ideas how long it is to commute say by car from there to Rushcuters Bay, We have a 5 year old so we are trying to find some where that is great for family life but not to long to commute.

Good luck to every one, what a jolly good idea for a thread

Have fun researching

KelnIan
I reckon you'll get a nice place in Kings Cross, very quiet area and ideal for kids:scared::scared:
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

KelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I reckon you'll get a nice place in Kings Cross, very quiet area and ideal for kids:scared::scared:

Are you serious
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:44 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

We're off to Sydney in October/Novemember hopefully. Sent visa off in March (136 MODL), meds booked for May 9th. Balmain area looks and sounds like it's the type of place for us. Had friends who lived there for 4 years a while back and loved it.

Can't wait!!

Graham
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

We arrive in Sydney end July (currently living in Toronto), potentially looking at Sutherlandshire area too as the property seems more affordable but will have to see when we get there.

Also to add sorry don't know anythng about schools as don't have any kids.

Last edited by kbryant; Apr 25th 2006 at 2:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.